Terrible dealer experience in upstate SC

Discussion in 'Car Dealer Reviews' started by ajcannon, Oct 8, 2012.

1. ajcannon

ajcannon New Member

Hey everyone, I'm a new Yukon XL owner and have been reading these forums daily for the last month or so. I don't post much (or at all) but I came across this video of a dealer in the upstate of South Carolina and thought that it needed to be shared. It's not Suburban related but its definitely Chevrolet related.

http://youtu.be/bE4Dh_82kMM

The basic gist of it is that some service techs ruined this guys cutch and then tried to both blame it on him AND defraud GM at the same time. Check it out and spread the word please - I don't know the person in this video but I know if I was in his shoes that I would appreciate any help in getting the word out.
  2. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Yahoo Auto has more info on this issue. The whole situation is messed up.
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator

I hope GM helps the guy out. I know they said they couldn't do anything, but they should reprimand the dealer or employees. Come on who gonna argue with the worlds largest automaker. ANd this gives them a bad rep.
  4. ajcannon

ajcannon New Member

There's a little more information here:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254111

Including a post from the person who this happened to. It looks like the story is gaining traction as it was posted on Yahoo! Autos and a few other popular auto blogs yesterday. I say good for the sites for posting it. The dealer in question has asked that the stories be taken down because the video was edited. It may have been, but until they can come out with their side of the story I think I back this guy vs. the dealer.

It's an interesting story no doubt and I will be looking forward to see where it ends up.
  5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Thread moved to Coffee Shop
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2012
  6. Pikey

Pikey Moderator