Texas Edition is here!

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Gryphin, Jan 23, 2009.

1. Gryphin

Gryphin New Member

Hey guys just bought my 09 silverado 1500 ext cab texas edition a few weeks ago and just now getting around to signing up for this website. I perviously owned a 07 Colorado that i had issues with the cab light leaking water into the cab of the truck and soaking the headliner... so after about 2 years of jacking with GM I was able to trade up into a silverado and so far im very happy with the truck. Kinda wish i had gotten 4x4 but it just sucks the gas out of a truck that im just going to drive around town anyways.. so 15mpg is hurting me lol compared to the 20 i was getting.

anyways, if anyone can point me in the direction of answering a few questions that would be great.

I want to get the following items and was wondering the best place to go look or what to buy.

1) Catback exhaust system (single or dual whatever has a nice deep sound for a good price)

2) Step rails (not for me, but all the ladies i pick up have a hard time climbing into the truck, so far its been an excuse to grab their ass and throw them into the truck haha)

3) JL audio makes a stealth box for the silverado but i dont want to put a sub were i like to have my ladies sit (right next to me) so i was looking at the crew cab verison of the box... can i make that work for the ext cab?!?

4)Also, if i get the JL audio box can i keep the stock headunit and everything so i dont have to worry about anyone thinking about smashing my windows to rip my subs out.

5) is there a local guy (houston, Tx) that can take this damn 95mph speed limiter off. I had the one in my colorado taken off at the sherveport plant in LA lol and the drive home was great... watching the needle drop down past 120 and just keep rolling is fun! :)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. Gryphin

Gryphin New Member

3. highmilageklr

highmilageklr Member

:great:Cool! First one I've seen.

4. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Beautiful truck! Welcome to the site!

5. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks sweet!!

Welcome to the site!
    Where in Houston are ya?

6. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Looks great! I think the whiskey is getting to me, I had to keep turning my computer on the side to see your truck.:great:

7. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:lol: Good thing im not the only one!

8. ct9a

ct9a Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Beautiful truck!

9. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Welcome to the site & congrat;s on the new truck! If you can get over to Center St. in Deer Park, Deer Park Muffler can probably fix you up in the exhaust dept. They have done good work for me in the past.

10. brownpridex111

brownpridex111 Rockstar 100 Posts

I dont see any different from the normal silvErado just the emblems can someone tell me whast extra on that truck