Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Texas Gun Range To Host Children's Birthday Parties

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by rileyjr16, Jun 5, 2012.

1. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

I have a Marlin .30-.30 lever action. Its a great shooter and I enjoy the lever action, you would enjoy a lever action. If you are like me though its always fun trying to get the bosses permission to buy new toys:no:

2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

yeah, i was thinking a full on pump rifle in a plinker, maybe a old winchester 1906??? it would cost a fair few $$$ but eh, they are fun. Levers are fun to, buddy of mine bought his little brother a ruger 10/96. uses the magazine from a 10/22, but its a lever. since its a .22 the lever throw is super short, tons of fun.
    [MENTION=51569]Ape[/MENTION], i may have to have you build me a AR:great:. im fairly ignorant on actually putting them together beyond simple tear down/field stripping. also, I have none of the tools for such a project.:lol:

Alex

3. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

Tis always better to ask for forgiveness than permission. ;-)
    Can't tell you how many times the wife has asked where a new gun in the rack of the gun room came from. :neutral:

---------- Post added at 11:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:24 PM ----------

I'd be happy to build ya one Alex! It would cost ya a bit more than normal cause I'd have to ship it (shipping costs) to an FFL in your neck of the woods so he could do a transfer for ya. But good ones normally only charge around 25 bucks for the transfer.

4. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

I've been wanting to build a AR for a long time. But with the recent enlistment into the Navy, I think this can wait a while.

5. Ape

Ape Member 100 Posts

CONGRATS and THANK YOU! :great:

6. Coach24

Coach24 Rockstar 3 Years 5000 Posts

I love the pump action guns and have a few. Lever action is ok when i wanna play "the Rifleman" But I like the pump and bolt action

7. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

No problems. Its going to be better than where I am now. Work with A BUNCH OF IDIOTS who probably can't even pass the ASVAB...

---------- Post added at 05:54 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:53 AM ----------

Only pumps I have are 3; 870 12 gauges and thats it. Started looking recently for a M1 Carbine but thats semi auto.

8. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

my .17 HMR is a bolt, along with my R700 .25-06. then have a pump 870 and my XD.

i think my next shotgun is gonna be a nice 1100 or 1187. maybe a benelli, but those are SPENDY for new, and when it comes to guns, I prefer to buy new. kinda wanna go the the gun range now and -lay with my .17.

@Ape, dont spose ud be interested in a trade? my R700 was kind of a impulse buy, and I dont have much use for one, at this point a good AR would do me more good. pm me for more info if you want.

Alex