1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Texas Members: North Texas Offroad Parks? Favorite Mud Holes? Share!

Discussion in 'TX - North Texas Chevy Truck Club' started by Megasaurus, Mar 25, 2013.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Megasaurus

Megasaurus Member 100 Posts

It seems like there are fewer and fewer places in North Texas to get out and go offroading that are close to Dallas at least. I heard there were some injuries at the rednecks with paychecks event out near 360 and the trinity river so they will probably cut those off fully at some point.

since Texas is a private property state, other than going 250 miles out into the sticks, or finding a buddy with some property, where else is there to go around here?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

That was up in St. Jo, Texas ... which is like 100 miles to the NW of Arlington. I never heard of that city before now, looks like they have some hills up there and they must have water to have mud. :neutral:

You must have heard about some general rednecks that were up there off 360. From what I understand, it's not 100% cut off (maybe it is now), but you will get a fine if you do anything up there that causes noise. When I first moved here, there were a ton of places down south of I-20, but as the metroplex expands, most of those have gone away. Now I think you have to really get out of the entire "metroplex bubble" to get some free space to get this type of thing done.

http://www.redneckswithpaychecks.com/
  3. tbplus10

tbplus10 Super Moderator Staff Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts 100 Posts