Texas Mudding

Discussion in 'Sports & Outdoors' started by 95C1500, Sep 1, 2012.

1. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I'm not sure if this is the right place so if it's not please move it.
    Ok. I will soon be adding a 2" lift with 31" tires on my 2WD C1500. Anyone know any places in the DFW area to go mudding in a 2WD?

2. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Off of 360 near the river used to be a good place to go, dont see many people back in there anymore though, they had a little trouble with stolen vehicles being dumped and stuck vehicles being stripped.
    At Trophy club (hwy 114 near Roanoke) there was an off-road park, Marshal Creek, dont know if its still open, I havent been up there for about 5 years, but it was one big mud hole lots of places to get stuck.
    Theres also Barnwell mountain and Bridgeport which are off-road parks, but either one is a little bit of a drive and you have to have your Texas OHV sticker to enter the parks.
    With all this road construction going on theres lots of little fields to get stuck in around the area.
    Heck if ya it 820 right after a storm its a big mud hole that almost requires a 4wd to get out of.

3. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

Remember momentum is your best friend when mudding in 2wd :lol:

4. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

words I live by :)

5. 95C1500

95C1500 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

I've heard of these. Most are too far away, or no longer allow fullsize trucks only ATVs

6. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

LOL! I thought that too till I hit about a 4 foot deep water logged trench in my 97 at about 35MPH. Just about went through the windshield and stood the truck up on its side. I could roll down the window and just step right on out :lol:. I wonder if I still have that video.

7. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

i gotta see that video! better post that up man

8. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Lol I'll see if my buddy still has it. May have to DIG with a excavator just to find it lol.