1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Texas Newbie

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by Mopar_Bill, Feb 18, 2008.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. Mopar_Bill

Mopar_Bill New Member

Hey ya'll, Bill here just bought a 90 2500 'Burban looking for tips to mod it, and more people to BS with talk to ya soon

2. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!

3. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Welcome in. What goals do you have in mind for modification? My personal "favorite" mods are differential traction aids to more effectively put the power being generated to the road surface (whatever that might be). For me, the 2.73 gear reduction at the tcase (in 4L) provides all the power I need, so I don't usually need engine mods.

4. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

:sign0016: to the site. Lets see some pictures of it.

5. omegafiler

omegafiler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

welcome to the forum!

6. ScReWs®lOoSe

ScReWs®lOoSe Rockstar

You should do twin blowers and quad turbo's like I saw on this MAC Truck. Then maybe a 24'' lift on some huge monster truck tires and paint it like the Grave Digger. Hey, I'm just sayin... I cant be the only one thinking it.

:gasp::lol::sign0016:

7. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Had to look up Slidell, TX on the map! ;-) :sign0016:

8. Mopar_Bill

Mopar_Bill New Member

Slidell is just a stop sign, east of Decatur, north of Fort Worth.

I'm thinking a diesel conversion, Cummins to be exact. Checked them all out, and the inline 6 seems to be the best on the market. Sorry Duramax fans I ain't runnin no Jap motor in my truck, I bought American and plan on keeping it that way.

I'll get some pics up just as soon as I get a new camera.

Thanks for the welcome, I'm a Mopar guy at heart, owned a couple 73 Challengers, couple of Satellite Sebrings, 2 Fury's, a few Dodge trucks and other misc cars. I bought the 'Burb cause it's big and I need room for my 3 kids. It'll also be a nice tow rig for my 68 Cuda (presently not running, only reason it's being towed BTW, I don't condone towing driveable cars no matter their value) and boat I plan on buying in the next year or 2

I do have a pic of the Cuda though
    [​IMG]

9. jbrown

jbrown Member

Welcome to the Site Bill!

10. Davandy

Davandy Moderator 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site :sign0016: