Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Texas wants its gold back from the Federal Reserve....

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by SurrealOne, Mar 26, 2013.

1. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

This is kind of cool and ties in directly with the Zombie Apocalypse threads we have floating around, here, considering the maneuver appears to be either sucessionist or post apocalyptic preparationist in nature. Either way, I like it ... and it makes me miss being a resident of Texas.

http://news.yahoo.com/why-texas-wants-gold-back-federal-141500293.html

2. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy Member 2 Years 100 Posts

its smart... i mean, the Dollar hasnt been backed by ANYTHING since the 1930s when FDR took us off the gold standard and built fort knox...
    so if TX gets their share back, if **** really hits the fan they could make a currency worth more than the dollar because it will could be backed by gold.
    obama even said himself "if i get into a corner with china, ill mint a silver coin woth the entire debt to them".... goes to show how worthless our money is...
    the last presidnet to PRINT money (not mint coin money) apart from the federal reserve...was JFK...
    so the federal reserve is the real cause of all this.

3. Gold Z

Gold Z Member

How strange but with Perry as govenor I'll believe anything.

4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

[MENTION=34623]Gold Z[/MENTION], he's counting on you believing anything come election time!