Thanks for the fish

Discussion in 'Chevy Uplander & GM Minivan Forum' started by Puddlejumper, Sep 30, 2010.

1. Puddlejumper

Puddlejumper New Member

No replies. Never planned on starting a blog.
    Looking for a site that is for older GMs or 6's.
  2. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

What was the question?
    There are 6 cyl peeps here. I saw them talking about Clifford Research (the 6 cylinder Kings) yesterday. Where is your question posted?
  3. troutbug

troutbug New Member 100 Posts

You probably didn't get many replies because your posts are all random and vague, kind of like you were just typing out thoughts that were going through your head at any given moment. To me it was like walking up in the middle of a conversation between two people and having no clue what the hell they were talking about. It was hard to pull out any specific questions you might have been trying to ask. Try to give a little background info in your posts so readers will understand what exactly you are talking about. I'm sure there are people on here that can help you out if you were just a little more clear. Please don't take offense to this.
  4. stephan

stephan New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

OK Puddlethumper; I've only been here 2 days and I suck at computers but I happend to stumble across one of your posts. Since you do like 6 cyls and in your post I got a vague idea of what you're doin, my best shot would be to look into Clifford Research
    (6 = 8) They have built some 6's that have outperformed V-8' cubic inch for cubic inch, and it takes a lot of R&D to be able to do that.
    I put one of their intakes on my dads pickup. It was an aluminum log mani that held 2 single barrel (Strombergs I think) Probably would have fit a lot of different single barrel carbs. He also bought Clifford headers and they were split 3 into 1 and then a completely separate header 3 into 1. 2 3 into ones. It was a really sweet set. Don't remember what he paid but price would have changed by now anyway so no matter. It was probably the easiest swap I ever made. Headers and mani didn't take more than 3 hours and it was really quality stuff. The flanges were approx 3/8" thick and never had any intake or exhaust leaks ever. The headers never rusted out ( & we have very wet winters here) and he kept that truck for about 10 more years with no problems. When I was a kid I used to have a 235 ci 6, in an old 58 Chevy Delray and my buddy and I cut the exhaust manifold in half and made shade tree half azzed headers for it. That was before anybody around here knew anything about welding cast iron so you can probably imagine how it looked with 2 teenagers useing a rented arc welder on it hahaha.. My point is there are some people around this site who know some about 6"s, and a lot more than me. Try your posts again.
    I also saw some posts yesterday where people were discussing Clifford so there are some people here who are into 6 cyls or they wouldn't be discussing Clifford. From what I remember they were located in L.A. Cali. when my dad ordered his parts. It's the only one I know of but if you google 6 cylinder high performance engines you may get a dozen or more hits.. Hope this helps
  5. knickick

knickick New Member

Hi Puddlejumper . Is that for all of the people here in the thread that do not reply to you? Am I consider to those people. Just curious.