Thanks to the mountain states

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by KidHauler, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hey, gang! I've been gone awhile - busy, busy, busy.

My family and I just got back from spending Christmas in Arizona. Seven of us in the '99 Burb, pulling our 30' TT, on our first family cross-country trip! (Grizwold's, big-time)

A few things:
    I saw lots of awesome GM's along the way, but couldn't pick out any GMTruckClub decals. If you saw me - I waved.

To the commuters of Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona (except the one guy in the beat Toyo pickup), I thank you for your patience. I, or the truck, wasn't ready for mountain driving. (I added the truck as a possible culprit because I think I talked my wife into a programmer for it!) Ya'll have some beautiful scenery out there, but "25" south of Raton should be the road, not my speed! I got a little better, and we even took the 60 "short-cut" through Salt River Canyon.

To anyone who told me that Kansas and Texas are flat, you drove different roads than I took.

SSToner911 - I forgot the bike frame :)

Hope everyone has a great New Year, I'm back to work...

KH

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Where are the Pics???? I have driven accross 2 times Both going south first then on I-40 accross. Great Views..

3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm working on it, Enkei. The kids have clicky-phones (I call them that cuz I have a jitterbug-esque phone) and a couple other cameras that need to be downloaded. I'll throw a couple on here when I get them.

We took I80 out, spending the night at the Iowa 80 truck stop - pretty cool, then back roads through Neb and Kan to 70 into Col. The plan then was to take the 160 to the 4 corners, but Charlie at the truck stop looked at our ride and the weather, and said that would make a nice summer trip. We re-routed and followed 25 to 40 to 60 to Mesa. Great views, I agree, but lots of "come on dumb-a--, you can drive in this!"

The trip back went alot better. 10 to 20, then 27 back to 40. 44 to 70 to 69. I figured I probably new the cops on I69, so lets say we had strong finish:)

This year, we're taking a "shorter" trip through Wisconsin to the UP, then back across the Bridge to Troll-ville. Maybe I'll have my new 'towing' program by then!

Enjoy