1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Thanks to the mountain states

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by KidHauler, Jan 1, 2013.

1. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Hey, gang! I've been gone awhile - busy, busy, busy.

My family and I just got back from spending Christmas in Arizona. Seven of us in the '99 Burb, pulling our 30' TT, on our first family cross-country trip! (Grizwold's, big-time)

A few things:
    I saw lots of awesome GM's along the way, but couldn't pick out any GMTruckClub decals. If you saw me - I waved.

To the commuters of Colorado, New Mexico, and Arizona (except the one guy in the beat Toyo pickup), I thank you for your patience. I, or the truck, wasn't ready for mountain driving. (I added the truck as a possible culprit because I think I talked my wife into a programmer for it!) Ya'll have some beautiful scenery out there, but "25" south of Raton should be the road, not my speed! I got a little better, and we even took the 60 "short-cut" through Salt River Canyon.

To anyone who told me that Kansas and Texas are flat, you drove different roads than I took.

SSToner911 - I forgot the bike frame :)

Hope everyone has a great New Year, I'm back to work...

KH
  2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Where are the Pics???? I have driven accross 2 times Both going south first then on I-40 accross. Great Views..
  3. KidHauler

KidHauler Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

I'm working on it, Enkei. The kids have clicky-phones (I call them that cuz I have a jitterbug-esque phone) and a couple other cameras that need to be downloaded. I'll throw a couple on here when I get them.

We took I80 out, spending the night at the Iowa 80 truck stop - pretty cool, then back roads through Neb and Kan to 70 into Col. The plan then was to take the 160 to the 4 corners, but Charlie at the truck stop looked at our ride and the weather, and said that would make a nice summer trip. We re-routed and followed 25 to 40 to 60 to Mesa. Great views, I agree, but lots of "come on dumb-a--, you can drive in this!"

The trip back went alot better. 10 to 20, then 27 back to 40. 44 to 70 to 69. I figured I probably new the cops on I69, so lets say we had strong finish:)

This year, we're taking a "shorter" trip through Wisconsin to the UP, then back across the Bridge to Troll-ville. Maybe I'll have my new 'towing' program by then!

Enjoy