Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Thanksgiving Travel

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by BRB46, Nov 22, 2013.

1. BRB46

BRB46 Rockstar Gold Member 100 Posts

Anyone traveling this Thanksgiving more than 50-75 miles from home. I will be staying local and heading to the in laws for the feast. About 3 miles. The weather people are talking a possible Nor'easter for Wednesday into Wednesday night. I hope not for those that will be traveling the eastern seaboard.

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Well I am off Wed night into Thur Morn, but doing my Md Route Thur night I might go to the parade in NYC Thur morn IF it's above 40 degrees.. Other then that No plans..

Happy Turkey day to all!!

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Sherman is right about 100 miles.

4. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

I don't plan on traveling until Christmas time. Going back to Oklahoma to see my family

5. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

I think these days you are pretty lucky if you don't have to travel very far to see relatives for the holidays.

This year we (my entire family - me and my family, my brother and his family, and my parents) will be visiting my aunt and uncle (dad's brother and sister-in-law) for Thanksgiving. It's a bigger endeavour than most will do for the holidays. My parents and my family live in Springfield, OR. My brother lives in Corvallis, OR. My aunt and uncle live just outside of Battle Ground, WA. I work in Hillsboro, OR, and have to come up for work the day before Thanksgiving. I will get off work Thursday morning, take a three or four hour nap and then drive over to Battle Ground. The rest of my family is coming from Springfield and Corvallis. Of course, I then have to go back to work (although I did arrange to come in late) that evening, and the rest of my family all has to drive back home.

Pray that the driving is uneventful for all of us.

6. McClintoc

McClintoc ɹoʇɐɹǝpoɯ Staff Member 2 Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I'll be making the 5-hr / 300-mile drive down to Houston.

7. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

not doing anything for thanksgiving, I do have a cousin thats getting married the 28th of December, so im driving about 6 hours for that, then moving back to Minnesota in February, that will be a multi day trip pulling my trailer.

Alex

8. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

Lol a couple good friends of ours are getting married the same day in tulsa, ok lol

9. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban Rockstar 100 Posts

Not this year. 2 out of my 3 kids have stuff going on all the way through wednesday evening so we have to stay here. But my wife and oldest traveled yesterday from southern New Mexico to Wichita, KS. I knew the stretch on I-40 between Amarillo and OKC was going to be rough and lo and behold she got stuck for a few hours due to ice/accidents. But thankfully, they made it safe, albeit 4 hours late... I am usually deployed for the holidays (just my luck) so this year I am just happy to be home with the family.

10. ChevyFan

ChevyFan November Beard Grower - Cancer Fighter Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Turns out not going to Sherman after all. Going to brother in laws place about 5 miles away.