1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

Thart friggen buzz of the 90's chevy's

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 95Chevyk1500, Dec 8, 2009.

1. 95Chevyk1500

95Chevyk1500 Rockstar 100 Posts

You know that tone that rang when you opened the door of a 90's GM? I LOVE THAT!!! now for some reason the person that had my truck before me had disconnected it and it doesnt work. I'm sure someone has done this, because most people hate it. Well, I want to know which wire it is, because I want that buzz!!!

2. s5belford

s5belford Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

it should be the button on the inside of your door... could be wrong though.....

3. 95Chevyk1500

i know the button is there, but i think it has just been disconnected

4. 95Chevyk1500

i just checked, and the button is fine, it comes out when the door opens. The wiring in this truck is messed, and i just wanna get it in a little better shape

5. MarlboroMan

MarlboroMan New Member

i have a 96 and i stopped mine, too annoying for me. What it is is a little box that plugs in right above your brake pedals, just go to a salvage yard and find a 95-98 truck and snag it.

6. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

I agree w/MalboroMan. I completely took the box out of my '90 Suburban. I put a piece of tape over the holes of the box in my '91, because it does help remind me if I leave my lights on, it's just not as annoying when I am working on something with the door open and the key on. It's about 2.5" sqaure and about 3/4" thick with like 6 or 8 roughly 1/4" holes for the chime, and it just plugs right in, no wires to deal with.