1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Awesomeness of the 350

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by Big_Mike, Aug 22, 2012.

Random Gallery Photos

1. Big_Mike

Big_Mike New Member 100 Posts

What does everyone think about the 350? Awesome? Overrated? Positive or negative comments, I would like to hear them. Thanks!!!
  2. rileyjr16

rileyjr16 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

1996+ 5.7s I love. Alot of power and alot of low end torque and alot of options to add tons of power to their already 255HP and 330ft/lbs or tourque. 1995- 5.7s I've never driven one but I do know that there are alot of power adding options as well.

Just the MPGs suck
  3. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Super Moderator 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I LOVE MY 5.7!!!

Literally love it its amazingly powerful, sometimes yah it bad on gas but its has so much power. The Vortec 5.7 in my Tahoe is definitely perfectly paired with the 4l60e they put power to the road with amazing precision and efficiency. Compared to the previous generation of 350 the gen I Vortec has 25% more horsepower. 200 VS. 255 Its the perfect engine tranny combo for older trucks. Also it is a very advanced engine with SFI, higher compression, full engine monitoring from the computer and the computer controls the engine and tranny very well. Another thing is the engine is so easy to work on and parts are readily available.
  4. Big_Mike

I think it is an awesome engine as well. At first I thought they were (overrated until I owned one)!
  5. Conlan Rose

[MENTION=55836]Big_Mike[/MENTION] what year is your truck.
  6. Big_Mike

1993, Conlan
  7. Conlan Rose

Nice, so you have the stock 350? What tranny is behind it?
  8. Big_Mike

Yes, stock 350 with a 4L60E. So looking at the bottom of your reply, I see you have a 96 Tahoe. How well do you like it? Looks like you have put in some wrench time on it... And btw... I haven't uploaded a pic of my truck yet... Hope to one day!
  9. Conlan Rose

Love my Tahoe and yah I've put a decent amount of time on the truck luckly not much on engine or tranny both are solid just every thing else need some work. Like the paint and tires, little fixing up here and there, some basic mods, but trying to keep her stock the best I can with hidden mods.
  10. Big_Mike

I understand about wanting to keep it stock. My dad is a fan of factory products and keeping vehicles stock. I joke around with him, saying "If ain't stock, it's for suckers!" Ha, makes for a good laugh, kind of an inside joke. I tell ya, it's SO much easier using factory parts. The complications are reduced as often encountered from aftermarket components. But I guess due to copyright laws, aftermarket companies can't get but so close to original parts without direct violation. I plan on make putting in some factory bucket seats with a console. Taking out my bench seat. This will hopefully be easier with factory components. It's just hard tracking down parts that match my interior color from junkyards. However, often the fun is in the search! So are you running a 350 with 4L60E as well?