1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Beast

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by hoosyurdaddy, Jul 1, 2011.

1. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy New Member

Here is my project.Its an 88 Burb with a reman 6.5.Solid metal,no rot whatsoever.Has some flash rust on the bare metal that I am getting to this weekend.Motor is strong it only has 46k on it.Nice 8k warn winch,4 inch lift,new radiator,belts hoses,lift pump,glow plugs and controller,starter,fuel water sep. Nice interior with standard dash crack and original cloth seats,no rips.Power windows and locks all work too!Time to get sanding and priming.:happy:http://photobucket.com/thebeast88burb Hope this link works.My first time w/photobucket.

---------- Post added at 06:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:24 PM ----------

Roof rack off,rain gutters need a 3/16 open end. No one has it. I`ll try sears tomorrow.
  2. McMahan

McMahan New Member

yea she is a beast

G/L with the burb
  3. silveradotrailblazer

silveradotrailblazer New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks like a fun/cool project.
  4. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy New Member

Thanks,there really is not a lot left to do on it.Needs paint and some bigger tires.It has 4:10 gearing and it really winds up at hwy speeds.Maybe some 33`s or 34`s to bring the rpm`s down.Maybe a Banks turbo?

---------- Post added at 07:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:56 PM ----------

I love that trucks do not rust here.So many older trucks with no rust. They seem to last forever.Like living in a time machine.I grew up where they laid down salt on the roads in the winter.There is no such thing there as an 80`s truck. Maybe in pictures only.
  5. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Looks sweet But this is true about the rust.. Hell my 08 has some rust on it already.....
  6. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy New Member

Too hot for sanding today.Had to find a 3/16 in wrench to get the drip rails off any way.Guess I`ll go fishing instead.:glasses:
  7. USAF-Suburban

USAF-Suburban New Member

Good luck and have some fun with her :)
  8. Joeairforce

Joeairforce New Member

Nice. :glasses::great:
  9. 80 grit

80 grit New Member

Nice find indeed. You might want to take those roof rack strips off as I found some rust holes under mine when I did...That body sure looks pristine...I'm jealous as mine had some cancer in the rear quarters...I put in another 10 hours of sanding this week...getting close for those of you who have taken a gander at my past posts on it. Good luck with your project. Keep us posted.
  10. hoosyurdaddy

hoosyurdaddy New Member

I took the rack off and the strips.That was the only place on the roof without the flash rust.The paint is still on.All that stuff will clean right up with a little 120 grit.