1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The best Brake pads & Rotors?

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Raptrax, Jun 17, 2009.

1. Raptrax

Raptrax New Member

Hey guys the time has come to finally replace my brake pads and rotors but don't know what to go with. I have the oem brakes on there now and have lasted me 3 years... I don't drive it much but when I do it's for long distances and I'm towing a trailer with 3-4 quads. What do you guys recomend? Thanks in advance.
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2009
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What are you driving and the Year?That would help on giving you some Advice.
  3. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Mike I think he has a 2004 Silverado, I just checked out his introduction and he said he has had it since 04'??? So we know it's a something something Silverado, I have no suggestions for rotors but I use Green stuff brake pads from Summit Racing on my Silverado and I love them.
  4. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

There are many to choose from.I'm Running Stainless Brake Company's Slotted Rotors and Hawk H.P. Ceramic Brake Pad's,for me they have been a Big Improvement over Stock.It comes down to what you are looking for in new brakes and What you are wanting to spend.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

Thanks Amy,:lol:
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

look into baer decelarotors, my buddy has them on his f-150 and they are awesome. not sure the pads tho. they are crosed drilled and slotted as well
  7. Raptrax

Raptrax New Member

Thanks guys sorry I forgot to add that info huh... 2004 Chevy silverado 4x4 bone stock... I do a lot of trailering and would like a little better braking. Looking to spend around 600 bucks. Thanks again
  8. Raptrax

Raptrax New Member

Thanks!!! Are those green stuff brakes made from organic materials? The number one attribute I would like in my new brakes is for them to produce little to no brake dust... I can't stand brake dust. The stockers are real ly good in that department but suck every where else.
  9. Raptrax

Raptrax New Member

What do you guys think of the EBC rotors? Good? Bad?
  10. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The reason I buy the green stuff brake pads are because they have little to no brake dust, I have never had EBC before but I know they are popular because I see them sold almost everywhere. The also have what's called yellow stuff, and those give off NO brake dust but they are a lot more expensive because they are high performance brake pads. The green stuff pads are actually made for large trucks, so they would be good for trailering around stuff.