1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The best time to buy a new Checy Truck is now

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Mar 28, 2009.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

It looks like the inventory of new Chevy Silverado extended cab trucks is starting to drop and sales are going up for the 2nd half of March 2009. Prices right now are as cheap as they've been in the last 10 years, I mean you can get a new Silverado Extended cab truck for the same price you could nearly 8 or 10 years ago, I know I was in the market 10 years ago.

My suggestion is that if you're thinking of getting a new Chevy truck in the next year, you consider doing it now becuase GM can't keep up these rebates of up to $9,000 off MSRP and they won't keep them going if indeed sales keep going up. They're not making any money on them now, they're just pushing them through to keep production numbers up, but you won't find a better deal than right now if you're in the market ... maybe not for the next 5 years.