1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

the best tire

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jswilson, Apr 3, 2008.

1. jswilson

jswilson New Member

i currently have a set of 35 inch thornbirds which i don't care for that much. i think im gonna sell them and buy a new set. I've narrowed it down to mickey Thompson mtz's or bf Goodrich mud terrain. I've had a set of the Goodrich and i liked them allot they worked good off road and for daily driving but i like the look of the mickey Thompson's. i want a tire that will be good off road and on.
  2. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts

If it was between the Mickey Thompsons and the BFG, I'd have to go with BFG. I also love the look of the MT's, but I've heard nothing but good things about the BFG's. Best part is they should both be a whole lot quieter then your thornbirds.
  3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member 1000 Posts

good idea on ditching the thornbirds they are probobly the worst tire in the world, well other than mud they are so-so I know from experience. The BFG MT and mickey thompson MTZ are both good tires but In my opinion I would go with the MTZ's. They look cooler and I have only heard GREAT things about them on and especially off road
  4. unknown19

unknown19 New Member

I had a set of BFG's on my blazer and I loved them, Not loud while driving down the road and got the job done off-road. They can tend to be a little on the expensive side, but I would rather pay the extra money and get an awesome tire!