the best tire

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by jswilson, Apr 3, 2008.

1. jswilson

jswilson New Member

i currently have a set of 35 inch thornbirds which i don't care for that much. i think im gonna sell them and buy a new set. I've narrowed it down to mickey Thompson mtz's or bf Goodrich mud terrain. I've had a set of the Goodrich and i liked them allot they worked good off road and for daily driving but i like the look of the mickey Thompson's. i want a tire that will be good off road and on.

2. finalday7

finalday7 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

If it was between the Mickey Thompsons and the BFG, I'd have to go with BFG. I also love the look of the MT's, but I've heard nothing but good things about the BFG's. Best part is they should both be a whole lot quieter then your thornbirds.

3. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

good idea on ditching the thornbirds they are probobly the worst tire in the world, well other than mud they are so-so I know from experience. The BFG MT and mickey thompson MTZ are both good tires but In my opinion I would go with the MTZ's. They look cooler and I have only heard GREAT things about them on and especially off road

4. unknown19

unknown19 Rockstar

I had a set of BFG's on my blazer and I loved them, Not loud while driving down the road and got the job done off-road. They can tend to be a little on the expensive side, but I would rather pay the extra money and get an awesome tire!