1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

The best way to mount a flag pole in the middle of the bed of your truck?

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by PantheraUncia, Dec 15, 2013.

Newest Gallery Photos

1. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I am trying to figure out the best way to mount a flag pole in the middle of the bed (removable) so when I need to use the bed it can be taken out. I am looking at 6x8 or 10x12 flag.(approx. dimensions).

2. Full size truck? Do you ever plan on doing any goose-neck towing? A B&W drop ball hitch is not that hard to install. Then you could pull the ball out and make a square bracket to drop in and lock with the hitch pin. Once you are set up just one lever to pull under the wheel-well to install or remove your flag or ball. I had my bed sprayed with Line-X after the hitch was installed so other than the 2 safety chain brackets it is barely noticeable in the bed.

3. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

It is a 1500 wth the 6.5ft bed and I don't plan on doing any goose necking with with. :-( but that would be the easy way to do it.