1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The birthing of a CAR AUDIO MONSTER

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by 98HOEONSIXEZ, Dec 5, 2011.

1. 98HOEONSIXEZ

98HOEONSIXEZ New Member

2. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Not sure how clean it sounds But I bet it's loud!!!! Gotta see the end install.. I just want to know what you did with 800 feet of 1/0 Ga? I've built many LARGE systems and never used that much even in Bigger cars...And I've worked on cars from Little Pinto with 1800 watts RMS to Blimps to Hellacaptors and boats..
  3. 98HOEONSIXEZ

98HOEONSIXEZ New Member

Hook up all the alternators/amps to batteries
  4. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

He'd need that. I used nearly 60 feet of 1/0AWG on both my big 3 upgrade and dual battery (w/ isolator) setup -- and all of mine is under the hood. He's running from the front to the back with piles of alternators and batteries....

The sound-deadening looked good but I'd worry it's not enough for that setup. I wanted to see pictures of the installed alternators; the step entailing choosing brackets for them and their mounting positions was missing ... as was the step about what serpentine belt to use. I know those aren't sexy steps for the uninitiated ... but they are important ones regardless. Car audio people know just how much custom alternators, brackets, and mounting can run and how important they are in setups like this one.

I didn't see a step for choosing an alarm to protect all that gear ... or using a garage to keep it in so night time break-ins aren't a concern. :p

Surreal
  5. 98HOEONSIXEZ

98HOEONSIXEZ New Member

Already had 6 on my Tahoe before, taking it to Mechman this time to get all new brackets and everything done

---------- Post added at 12:47 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:31 AM ----------

Here ya go

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

couple of pictures of my new buss bars for my batteries I had custom made

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  6. Cablguy184

Cablguy184 New Member

WOW !!! This ride looks alot like the one that parked beside me at Scrapin the Coast !!! lol ...

Looks Awesome Mr. Price !!! See you on D4S !!!
  7. kburb

kburb New Member ROTM Winner

Looking good, can you get the belt at Autozone? That thing gotta be 20ft long. How bout posting some specs on those Sundown amps. Oughta be able to pull off a hair trick or two ya think?
  8. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Beautiful work under the hood, right down to the stepped wire ties and custom bars. I, too, am curious how long that belt is ... and more important, how it was sized. I've never done multi- alternators but I considered it and one reason I didn't go there was I wasn't sure how to size the belt length after adding the new alternator bracket with alternator.

I like what I see. Details are everything!
    Last edited: Dec 7, 2011
  9. McMahan

McMahan New Member

Wow that a lot of stereo. My Dad has owned a custom stereo shop for over 30 years now and we have built some really high end stuff for people. I have done usac and iasca competions since I was 16 and was sponsored by fosgate back in 98. Good times, Good luck on everything and keep us posted
  10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Moderator ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

That is some belt and work under the hood.. I remember Alma Gates Ford Bronco with about 13 Alt's, The H2 I last did had 3 from Ohio Gen, Gotta see the end install...