the burb went over the mountain

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by MrShorty, May 28, 2007.

1. MrShorty

MrShorty Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

and we could see the other side of the mountain, plus the side we climbed. This picture is looking back down over Levan, where we came up. Elevation here is ~8000 ft. To get a feel for how infrequently this road has been travelled this spring, we are standing on the "road" in the foreground. [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: May 29, 2007
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Wow, 8000 feet, that's crazy. Where was this taken at? In Utah? Highest I think I've driven (that I can remember) is 5200 feet at Paradise near Mt. Rainier.

3. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

that's pretty impressive!

Looks like it was a fun family outing!

4. MrShorty

Sorry. I guess I posted where the picture was taken in the picture's description in the gallery, but not here. The little town in the background is Levan, UT. We are up in the San Pitch mountains to the east of Levan.

I guess it's one of those things I like about living around here. Plenty of opportunities, when time allows, to get out and enjoy the mountains.

BTW, thanks TrailLeadr for gettting the image to show up. I couldn't figure out how to get the image in the post properly.

5. dwill3015

dwill3015 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Very nice picture! Go Chevy!

6. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Wow! That would be a cool drive. Nice family photo.

7. mtunney

mtunney New Member

Nice. Not a very well traveled road huh?

8. MrShorty

We did have to go through one small remnant of a mudhole, so the road may not have been passable until the last few weeks.

And the five of us in the photo aren't all that were there. We were using the seating capacity in that beast to it's full 9 passenger capability. That's one of the things I like about a Suburban: the ability to haul a bunch of people in reasonable comfort.

9. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I see six of you in the picture. Looks like there's a little one hanging out in the burb....lol

No problem with getting the image in the thread.:great: