1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The demise of the 2500 Suburban

Discussion in 'Chevy Suburban Forum (GMC Yukon XL)' started by Jamm3r, Aug 29, 2013.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Where/how are you getting your information?
  2. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Cargo pants. That's my next purchase. I've got 3 kids too ... 9, 5 and 2 1/2.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

You might laugh at this one. They make a vest called the daiperdad vest. I have considered buying one. They are a little spendy for me. But, being a stay at home dad it would sure beat carrying around a diaper bag (I do not carry a diaper bag, we have a small backpack, there is no way my wife or I would be caught dead with a huge diaper bag) Here is a link of the vest. https://www.dadgear.com/products/Vest/44/DIAPER-VEST®-Orange-(M)
  4. DuraBurb

DuraBurb New Member

Bad news

My information, The manager of the service Dept for our GM store here (a very close friend) has a brother-in-law who manages the equipment maintenance dept at the Arlington plant

BAD NEWS

some of our fed info is accurate but some unknown

the Mexico plant in Silao was retooled and has been building the new generation of direct injected V8 family (obviously as they are out) for some time now.

but no V V T 6.0s are showing up at the Arlington plant anymore :(

He said even Reuben Jones the assistant plant manager doesn't know for sure but it dose seem odd that as the changes are going into effect (the stamping equipment for the 2015 line is up and running now) and frames are coming in but no 3/4 ton hardware.

It could come in later as they do build the 2500's in batch runs but Ricks brother-in-law said they should at least see hardware, but there are no 10.5" rear diffs or 6.0's nor any 8 lug wheel packs.
  5. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

There hasn't been a 2500 suburban since they gases out the diesel option IMO.
  6. DuraBurb

DuraBurb New Member

They build the 2500 SUV in batch runs and then put them in the "Pig Pen" for later shipment, I understand that on retool it is last to be built, Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/ then Suburban/XL/ESV and last 2500 Sub/Yuk

PS the Escalade was first this time and its body is in production and will arrive as the 2014

soooooo its possible that it will be later in 2014

We here at DuraBurb obviously stay very close to these changes and so I talked with Donna (client relations) over at the Arlington plant and she admits that there are a lot of rummers rolling around the production floor but the powers to be have not said yea or nae and that neither the staff, she or even Reuben really know for sure.

As for now all that is known is the option for a 2500 SUV is not currently available and that yes the 25906 GMT900 is discontinued, while there are still plenty in the yard for the next year of sales. But as Donna said "just because we discontinue a old platform while still building variants of it does not mean it wont return on the new platform, we just aren't building the old one anymore".

I think the confusion comes in where folks see "DISCONTINUED" and the think "GONE" but that may be an over statement that just may not be totally true.

As a side note the body mount torque carriage isn't scheduled to be retooled which would indicate that the body mount positions have not changed so worst case we can always re-frame the 2015 with a GMT900 25906 frame and still continue the 2500 Duramax Suburban.
  7. baumsquad

baumsquad New Member

I wanted a suburban that would remind me i'm NOT driving my wife's minivan, so I bought a 2011 2500 4x4. I love it! It's big, loud and stiff just like the trucks/4x4's i grew up with up in Minnesota farm country. The 2500's stand out from the 1500's that are on every corner in the big cities in TX where i live now.

Drives great out on the highway (14mpg) but then again, it sucks on speed bumps at the local grocery store. Watch you head!

Would really be unfortunate if these go away. Am looking forward to pulling the snowmobiles this winter and the boats next summer with it.
  8. GM Customer Service

GM Customer Service Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

baumsquad,

I just wanted to stop by and say "Thank you" for being a loyal customer! I am happy to hear that you love your vehicle and by your post, enjoy driving your vehicle.

Safe travels,

Jennifer T.
    GM Customer Care
  9. DuraBurb

DuraBurb New Member

Don't worry Baumsquad

As long as all of us are here at the DuraBurb build center there will always be a 2500 Duramax SUV, I can asure you of that my friend. :)
  10. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 1 Year 500 Posts

ever do a cummins swap?