The great Canadian Bullrun

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Cableguy, May 19, 2009.

1. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

http://www.greatcanadianbullrun.ca/index.html

Call me crazy but I'm thinkin' about running my ole girl in this.

If I wreck out I'm gonna be PO'd.

I think she'll need a tune up, fluid change and maybe a good going over at the shop first.

GMTC member input required...:great:
  2. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

sounds like fun to me. i looked at the bullrun site for the US and was floored. it cost like 20g's for the entry. little to much for me right now. I need to pay my truck off first and wife wants a house. lol
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

20g's holy crap...not me either

$50 is all I need
    Last edited: May 19, 2009
  4. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member

I call SHOTGUN!
  5. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Ok I bought Peter's programmer, I still have those 3:73 gears. I may need new tires and shocks now that I'm lookiin her over
  6. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Ya boooyyy! Come on up Darcy :great:
  7. Springthing

Springthing New Member

Jamie, I think that would be too awesome. (btw, thanks for now getting the cannonball theme song stuck in my head... it will be there for the rest of the day I'm sure)

I'd get in there not planning to win but have a heck of a lot of fun! PLLLLEEEAAASSSEEEE keep us updated as to whether or not you'll be going along for this!

BLOG the heck out of that!!
  8. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

What else would be on my list of things to check? Besides my head....LOL
  9. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Blog! Good idea! Jamie's Cannon ball run....
  10. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 New Member

Dang, I wasn't even thinking about that when I first replied. lol Can I call the bed of the truck???:rofl:
  11. Springthing

Springthing New Member

All the hoses, the belt, check for leaks real well, and make sure you're insurance is up to date and paid for.
  12. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Kay I did all that last year, good call though.
    Insurance is up to date!

What else am I forgetting folks
  13. poncho08

poncho08 New Member

thata all most 5500km for the bancroft boogie lol i might go sounds like fun. but that gust means iv got to drive all the way acrose canada gust to the stats lol
  14. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

im going to have to enter this all i got to do now if pick eith my truck or car hmmmm. decisions decisions
  15. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Good times fellas, good times! :great:

Maybe Patrick would like to join me? :sarcastic:
  16. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member

lol yeah you Darcy and I crammed into the front seat, and adidasboy in the bed of the truck for 5000km.
    I don't know how you could handle the bed of the truck for that long.

I'll pass thanks.

Sounds like fun, but then you have to obey the rules of the road. which kinda stinks.
    wait....any rules that your vehicle has to stay on the road? :lol:
  17. bry2500

bry2500 New Member

Definitely check the u-joints. all that constant driving and those suckas can heat up good and fail if they are not lubed good. That will put a stop to your run in a jiffy.
  18. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

I somehow I don't think the 3 of us would last long packed in like sardines. LOL
    Adidasboy would be launched out of the box on the first leg, so thats not safe either.

I need a 4x4 for offroad...but good call.
  19. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member

Actually thats not a bad idea. I checked last summer but I should at least lube u-joints. Another fine point.
  20. Springthing

Springthing New Member

I think they kind of meant to put that in quotes... Kind of like a "Oh, hey, remember, while doing this run you have to 'obey the rules of the road' so... you know.."

It's kind of like Monty Python

"OOhhh obey the rules of the road... say no more.. say no more.. *wink* *wink*.. *nudge* *nudge*.. rules of the road, right? *nudge* *nudge*.. say no more.."