1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Great White North

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by pontiac.79, Oct 2, 2008.

1. pontiac.79

pontiac.79 New Member

Good morning!
    Well, I finally found a place to speak about my R2500 with other affectionados. I am happy for that. My name is Kirby, and I live in Montreal, Canada. I hope I can be usefull to the site, as I hope it can help me too.
    Have fun everyone, and see you as we go along.:sign0016:
  2. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site Kirby!
  3. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab New Member 1000 Posts

:sign0016: Kirby!
  4. GaryL

GaryL New Member Platinum Contributor 1000 Posts

Welcome Kirby. What 79 Pontiac do you have?
  5. MWright936

MWright936 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the forum Kirby!
  6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts

welcome to the forum! How's the weather up there this time of year??
  7. 08victoryredZ71

08victoryredZ71 New Member

wecome i am new too!
  8. retired2001

retired2001 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site! Is the R2500 is 2wd?
  9. vncj96

vncj96 New Member 1000 Posts

Take off you hoser, eh!!!:sign0016:
  10. pontiac.79

pontiac.79 New Member

:glasses:

Hi everyone. I will try to answer everyone in order.
    1. My 79 Pontiac is a black on tan, Bandit style Trans Am. It is my pride, and has 83000 original miles. No mods to the outside. It still has the cat, and R-12 in the A/C. It's not "perfect" but I had it recently evaluated and it came in at $15000, so it is not bad either.
    2. The weather up here is pretty good. Warm during the daytime (between 60 @ 72 degrees) and a little cooler in the evenings (between 37 @ 55 degrees). The trees are just past the full bloom of the autumn colors, and the leaves are starting to fall quickly. Just a picture wonderland.
    3. My Suburban is a 1991, R2500 2WD with a 6.2 diesel, buckets and auto trans. I bought it with some surface rust and 128000 original kilometers (79535 miles for my neighbors south of the border). Originally I bought it as a working vehicle, from our local power company, Hydro Quebec. It is a clean vehicle though, with no rust on the doors or rockers. After close inspection, I got a third row seat, added a Webasto Airtop 2000 diesel fired cab heater for rear heat, and gave it a quick paint job at my friends body shop. Last week-end, (Canadian Thanksgiving) I took my wife, three kids, In-Laws, Sister-In-Law, satellite radio, Mini DVD player for the kids, and we all drove down to NYC in what we now affectionately call "Big Bertha". Great trip, and cheap on fuel. I love my Sub! :cool:
    Anyhow, Love the site, and everyone is so friendly. Thanks for the WELCOME!!