1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The hits keep on coming...

Discussion in 'GM Powertrain' started by 95CTburb19, Jan 3, 2008.

1. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

I did the radiator swap on saturday and it was no problem. I think me and my friend spent 45 minutes on the whole process.
    However, now I have another problem. The truck has a cracked windshield that I'm going to replace (someday):happy: Its been pretty cold up here and I haven't been running the truck much. Today when I went out the entire windshield was covered in frost. On the inside. I did notice the other day that there were some water droplets on the inside of the windshield and I'm wondering if there is a problem with the heating system or if my windshield is causing the problem.
  2. collinsperformance

collinsperformance Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

it could be a normal thing ---condisation. if the crack is only thru the outer layer then no water can pass thru the plastic center laminate....mike
  3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Thanks. I actually have another problem...big surprise. The truck normally runs at 210 but recently I have watched the temp gauge rise halfway to 260 (redzone) and then drop down to halfway between 100 and 210. I'm thinking that this could be a bad thermostat but wouldn't it just get stuck one way or the other? I think I'm spending too much money on this "luxury" oil tanker on wheels that I paid $800 dollars for and get stuck paying taxes for $3750. :sign0081: