1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act

Discussion in 'Performance & Fuel' started by unplugged, Nov 20, 2007.

1. unplugged

unplugged New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Questions often arise regarding use of aftermarket parts like exhaust, suspension, engine etc. and how GM (or other mfgs.) warranty their vehicles. Here is the Federal law that governs manufacturers warranties.
    So don't hold back on modifications to your new vehicle fearing that GM will void your warranty. Mods away!
  2. finalday7

finalday7 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

That is music to my ears.:sign0011:... But I still gotta swing by the dealership for a little more reasurance. But I think I'll be printing that out.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Good thread to bump
  4. zach45

zach45 New Member 100 Posts

so a lift kit wont void my warranty?
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

My GM service guy told me when asking that same question was that they will not warranty any parts directly effected by my lift like if I had a hub go bad, it would not be covered. But, if I had something go wrong like my A/C was not working, my lift did not attribute to that problem so it would be covered.
  6. zach45

zach45 New Member 100 Posts

how about a leveling kit?

sorry for all the Q's just trying to figure out what im going to do with my 08 ext cab
  7. dwill3015

Everything would still be under warranty except for the parts directly effected by the leveling kit. Do what I did and go talk to the guys in the service department and they can answer your questions. My service guy even said programmers are great but be sure to set it to the stock tune before bringing it in for service in case they need to update your ECM. He refered to a guy that his ECM locked up because he had some kind of tune in it when he brought it in for service and it cast him $1500 for a new one.
  8. dwill3015

*BUMP* for people that are worried about voiding their factory warranty.
  9. Marcus

Marcus New Member

wow kind of nice to read these things but that all goes back to your dealer i would think. Some of those guys can just be straight pricks when it comes to warranty stuff.
  10. coombia21

coombia21 New Member 100 Posts

so if i crank up my torsion keys but uncrank them when i go to the dealership i will be fine