1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

the new boot

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by brian704, Dec 5, 2008.

1. brian704

brian704 New Member

well i am new of course. i just bought a used 1500 fully loaded 4x4 had a ranch hand bumper and teflon american racing rims with good year AT normal wear and tear for a 4x4. love this truck came with a air in take and flowmasters allready...

so what do i need to look for on thing going wrong and or things i should do
  2. GMC era

GMC era New Member

What year and mileage?
  3. brian704

brian704 New Member

oh sorry

06 with just under 45000 i dont know how to post pics yet sorry but there are some in my folder
  4. GMC era

GMC era New Member

Sounds like a nice truck man! Did you know the prev. owner? If not, or if you don't know service records, I would start by changing pretty much all fluids. Drop tranny pan and change filter, rear diff, t-case, oil, radiator. It's good insurance and peace of mind

With A/T tires, unless they were just put on as a cheaper replacement from a dealer, it probably wasn't wheeled too hard.
  5. dwill3015

dwill3015 New Member ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Nice looking truck Brian!
    To post a picture here in your thread you can either attach the picture using the tools below on your post and it will show up as a thumbnail, or upload them to Photobucket and copy and past the IMG. code in your post like this...

[​IMG]
  6. brian704

brian704 New Member

cool

thanks guys ya i planned on replacing all the fluids and front and rear breaks. that was about it. this truck is just awesome. and so dang big i went from a jeep to this i am not having the best of times parking right now but who cares the front bumpers moves other things out of the way. haha....

thanks
  7. MD4x4 Fireman

MD4x4 Fireman New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site. Cant wait to see pics.
  8. ct9a

ct9a New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site!
  9. JMoney02

JMoney02 New Member

If you have no records, change the standard stuff to get it on your schedule, so you know when its time to do the next! Keep records so when/if you sell the next owner will thank you. Welcome and enjoy your ride.....

Jeff
  10. bry2500

bry2500 New Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the site.Sounds like you got a pretty sweet truck.