The new guy from Michigan

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by oxendale, Feb 21, 2013.

1. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Hey everyone! I am from Michigan and farm here with my family. I just bought this new truck and am beggining to modify it and make it look a little better. I did have a powerstroke that was lifted with a bunch of modifications and now im addicted to doing things to vehicles. I am running out of ideas though and thought maybe this would be a good place to go for some ideas. One idea I had was to paint the front and back bowties black and then smoke the headlights and tailights along with debadging it. Some people told me that the black lights would look goofy though. What do you guys think? In my mind it looks good but not sure if I should trust that! Any pictures of similiar trucks would be awesome and I am always open to new ideas or suggestions. Cant wait to learn some things and get some new ideas!
    IMG_0034[1].jpg
  2. SurrealOne

SurrealOne Former Member

Welcome! :great:

My advice:
    Worry less about what other people think and, instead, choose your customizations based on what YOU think looks good. After all, modifications to YOUR truck are ultimately a reflection of YOUR sense of style -- not other people's.
  3. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Yes, I do agree but this is really only the second truck ive customized and just second guess myself on what I have pictured. Just thought maybe someone would have a picture of a similiar truck. Ive looked but havent found anything too similiar.
  4. donyms

donyms New Member

Welcome to the club, it's good to have you here. :glasses:
  5. Bighornkid

Bighornkid New Member

Welcome to The Club.
  6. retired2001

retired2001 New Member

Welcome to the G M T C !
  7. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

Welcome to the club! I too am from Michigan.
    There are a ton of great people on this site that will give you very thoughtful responses.

If you have questions in particular to different accessories for your truck, I'd suggest searching around the forum for specifics!

Good to have you here!
  8. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Welcome to GMTC! Glad to see some more fellow Michiganders here (Who the heck came up with the term "Michigander"?). Personally I do not like smoked lights. I feel like they effect the quality of the light thrown at night. But, to each his own if you like it go for it. Where are you from in Michigan?
  9. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Im from the St. Louis/Alma area. How about you? Ya I have heard a few people say that it does make it harder to drive at night. At this point im just leaving them and thinking about it for a while. Maybe something I will do later.
  10. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

I live in Lake Orion. I am one of those guys that likes seeing while I drive at night. Especially on dark country roads. So, I would probably make the same decision that you have.
  11. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Ya and occasionally my girlfriend does get to drive it and already has a hard time seeing with the tint haha. Think I may still paint my bowties black though, or possibly white, still debating on that as well!
  12. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

13. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Thanks for that information, I make it down to grand rapids occasionally. I had thought about it but when I looked they were a little more expensive than I planned for haha. But I do like them and if I change them that is probably what I will get. I know recon is good and have heard of the CG's but never really heard if they were as good or not? Do you know if they are the same quality?
  14. Pikey

Pikey Moderator

Those bowties painted white would look awesome.
  15. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Ya i thought about that as well, the reason I thought black was to tie in the cab lights, tint and rims. I am kind of debating between white and black at this point. Bought the truck two months ago completely stock and now I just hit a wall on what to do!
  16. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

I've seen a lot of guys with CG, haven't heard any complaints. I would think you would be okay with them! And if it were me, I'd paint the bow-ties black - to tie in with your roof lights! Something else to think about, maybe paint your silverado badges black? :great:
  17. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Okay thanks, and ya that what I thought was to get black lights with black bowties and tint and rims with black would all tie in great. But i can see where the white would look good too. I figured at least its easy enough and cheap enough to change the bowties so if I do one color and then want to change it I can!
  18. Goldie

Goldie New Member

Welcome to the Club! Have fun with your truck!
  19. acereed2003

acereed2003 New Member

it was said already worry less about what others think, but i have a buddy who has a truck this body style with smoked tail lights i think it looks real good, his truck is also red but i think itll do just as good on a white truck
  20. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Ya I dont worry what other think because no matter what you do someone always loves and someone will always say it dont look as good. But at the same time I like to have others opinions and ideas. It always is good to toss around ideas and have new insight on things. I think the blackd out would look good as well so Im pretty sure Im going to go the the recons that laserblue suggested and then paint the bowtie's black. But for now I have put enough money into the truck and am going to wait a month or so. But when its all done I will post some pictures!