1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The new guy from Michigan

Discussion in 'Member Introductions' started by oxendale, Feb 21, 2013.

1. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Ya and occasionally my girlfriend does get to drive it and already has a hard time seeing with the tint haha. Think I may still paint my bowties black though, or possibly white, still debating on that as well!
  2. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

3. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Thanks for that information, I make it down to grand rapids occasionally. I had thought about it but when I looked they were a little more expensive than I planned for haha. But I do like them and if I change them that is probably what I will get. I know recon is good and have heard of the CG's but never really heard if they were as good or not? Do you know if they are the same quality?
  4. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Those bowties painted white would look awesome.
  5. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Ya i thought about that as well, the reason I thought black was to tie in the cab lights, tint and rims. I am kind of debating between white and black at this point. Bought the truck two months ago completely stock and now I just hit a wall on what to do!
  6. 2011laserblue

2011laserblue New Member

I've seen a lot of guys with CG, haven't heard any complaints. I would think you would be okay with them! And if it were me, I'd paint the bow-ties black - to tie in with your roof lights! Something else to think about, maybe paint your silverado badges black? :great:
  7. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Okay thanks, and ya that what I thought was to get black lights with black bowties and tint and rims with black would all tie in great. But i can see where the white would look good too. I figured at least its easy enough and cheap enough to change the bowties so if I do one color and then want to change it I can!
  8. Goldie

Goldie Active Member 1000 Posts

Welcome to the Club! Have fun with your truck!
  9. acereed2003

acereed2003 New Member

it was said already worry less about what others think, but i have a buddy who has a truck this body style with smoked tail lights i think it looks real good, his truck is also red but i think itll do just as good on a white truck
  10. oxendale

oxendale New Member

Ya I dont worry what other think because no matter what you do someone always loves and someone will always say it dont look as good. But at the same time I like to have others opinions and ideas. It always is good to toss around ideas and have new insight on things. I think the blackd out would look good as well so Im pretty sure Im going to go the the recons that laserblue suggested and then paint the bowtie's black. But for now I have put enough money into the truck and am going to wait a month or so. But when its all done I will post some pictures!