1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

The New NORMSCOLORADO!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by NORMSCOLORADO, Oct 31, 2010.

1. NORMSCOLORADO

NORMSCOLORADO Rockstar 100 Posts

Well its been a while since i posted here and i figured i would give everyone an update on the colorado.... well i found rust about 2 months back and finally go to paint her! i did just about all the work myself except for help from a friend with disassembly and sanding.... i got the paint from automotivetouchup.com and i will say that their paint sprays excellent especcially for my first time shooting metallic base and clear..... so on with the pictures!

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

RUST!!!!!!!!!:grrrrrr:

[​IMG]

GETTIN THERE!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

FINISHED!!! I also scored some ultra rouge's for 8o bux off of cl took alot too get them back to this they were in real rough shape.... the guy rocked them for a winter then put them back in the boxes un washed and threw them in storage for 3 YEARS!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Great job man!

3. fiftyfivecents

fiftyfivecents New Member

Wow, that must be some serious work. How much time did it take you? I repainted a hood with spray cans from www.touchuppaintonline.com and that took me 4-5 hours in total including all the sanding and everything else. The paint came out great, it was just a bit of work

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah that had to be a lot of hours! Good pay off though! :)

5. IT-Guy

IT-Guy Member

it has been a whiel since I painted anything but I remember the pain that it was then. Great job brother! Very well done!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Great looking paint! I've seen some "high" dollar paint jobs that don't look that good!

7. NORMSCOLORADO

NORMSCOLORADO Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks everyone yeah it was a pain! but i am gonna try to do this for a living because i love to paint! lol

it took me a week of evenings to get it stripped and sanded for primer i hate when **** peels!

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

WOW! great job on the paint,i really like the color you chose.