The New NORMSCOLORADO!!!!

Discussion in 'Chevy Colorado Forum (GMC Canyon)' started by NORMSCOLORADO, Oct 31, 2010.

1. NORMSCOLORADO

NORMSCOLORADO Rockstar 100 Posts

Well its been a while since i posted here and i figured i would give everyone an update on the colorado.... well i found rust about 2 months back and finally go to paint her! i did just about all the work myself except for help from a friend with disassembly and sanding.... i got the paint from automotivetouchup.com and i will say that their paint sprays excellent especcially for my first time shooting metallic base and clear..... so on with the pictures!

BEFORE:

[​IMG]

RUST!!!!!!!!!:grrrrrr:

[​IMG]

GETTIN THERE!!!!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

---------- Post added at 11:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:47 PM ----------

FINISHED!!! I also scored some ultra rouge's for 8o bux off of cl took alot too get them back to this they were in real rough shape.... the guy rocked them for a winter then put them back in the boxes un washed and threw them in storage for 3 YEARS!!!!!!

[​IMG]

2. troutbug

troutbug Rockstar 100 Posts

Great job man!

3. fiftyfivecents

fiftyfivecents New Member

Wow, that must be some serious work. How much time did it take you? I repainted a hood with spray cans from www.touchuppaintonline.com and that took me 4-5 hours in total including all the sanding and everything else. The paint came out great, it was just a bit of work

4. ntbush83

ntbush83 Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Yeah that had to be a lot of hours! Good pay off though! :)

5. IT-Guy

IT-Guy Member

it has been a whiel since I painted anything but I remember the pain that it was then. Great job brother! Very well done!

6. retired2001

retired2001 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

Great looking paint! I've seen some "high" dollar paint jobs that don't look that good!

7. NORMSCOLORADO

NORMSCOLORADO Rockstar 100 Posts

thanks everyone yeah it was a pain! but i am gonna try to do this for a living because i love to paint! lol

it took me a week of evenings to get it stripped and sanded for primer i hate when **** peels!

8. Bigbomber

Bigbomber Rockstar 4 Years 5000 Posts

WOW! great job on the paint,i really like the color you chose.