1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The newest addition to my sound system...

Discussion in 'Audio, Video & Gadget Tech' started by bigburb, Jul 11, 2009.

1. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well, after a bunch of screws, caulking, outdoor dock carpet and sweat, here is my latest addition:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

It's a home built box made by me and a couple of friends, housing two Sony Xplode 12" 1200 watt subs powered by a lightning audio 960 watt 4 channel amp bridged to 2 channels. I have it pretty toned down right now, but I can make some serious sound if the need arises! It can really freakin bump if I want it to haha :lol:
  2. L0sts0ul

L0sts0ul Rockstar 100 Posts

nice setup... you build the box yourself?

I prefer the wedge box setup personally, but if I have time... fibreglass :)

looks good.

BTW.. I love the 331 Marrettes :)
  3. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Man those things look sweet. How long that take you? I bet those things will bump!
  4. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Man, with that kinda space you coulda went with some Kicker L7's or Memphis Mojo's of or some JL W7's!!!
  5. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Well I built the box with 2 of my buddies, so not technically by myself but yeah lol. And I would have tried a wedge box, but I've never built a box before and I only had one piece of the particle board I used so i couldn't afford to screw it up at all. And yeah I had to extend the sub wires a bit (got the subs from a friend of mine) and the 331's were the biggest wire nut we had, and they happen to fit perfectly.

And thanks kgibson! All in all from start to finish it probably took about 4 maybe 4 1/2 hours. It sounds good though!
    Last edited: Jul 12, 2009
  6. kgibson181

kgibson181 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

i bet it does just one 10 " in my buddies truck does pretty good I can just imagine 2 12's
  7. Mean_Green_95

Mean_Green_95 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

In my 95, I had a 12' Kicker CVR on the seat, running orr a Boss 850, and a two MA Audio 10's running off a Nitro 1000. I ain't gonna lie, that truck slammed pretty good, but nothing like my friend's Pontiac Gran Prix GTP. He has two L7's in it and you can feel it in your chest when he turns it up.
  8. Z71_guy

Z71_guy Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

nice setup