Newest Gallery Photos

1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

The Nissan Titan pickup truck.

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by stchman, Oct 10, 2013.

1. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I rarely see one of these trucks on the road. After looking at their sales, I see why. Here in the US, the Chevrolet Avalanche outsells the Titan. What gets me is GM is pulling the plug on the Avalanche while Nissan still keeps trying to sell its Titan.

2. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I've seen quite a few in CT because there's alot of BIG Nissan dealer there, but still they are rare compared to the Silverado and F-150. I've seen under the hood of one of them and its quite nice and so it the interior, they also have storage in the body panels of the bed. But with all that said the truck is outdated and Nissan's Frontier out classes the Titan by having close to full size capability in a smaller more gas friendly package, so most would rather buy the cheaper and smaller Frontier then the massive gas hog Titan.

3. csltrains96

csltrains96 Rockstar 100 Posts

I've seen quite a few of the Titans here in Oregon, but again, not near as many as the Chevy/GMCs and Fords.

4. kinson33

kinson33 Member 1 Year 100 Posts

Buyers who want a fullsize truck and not from the big 3 turn to Toyota. Tundra is a far better truck than the Titan. Fit and finish is like the Frontier, nothing too impressive.

5. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

IMO: POS

1) They're extremely ugly without spending thousands on lifts, bumpers, lights, etc...

2) They ride like a model A

3) Interior design... I don't know wtf they were thinking. They fall apart/break all over the place, there's practically no dash (where are we supposed to put our mail, empty dip cans, and dust?!), and ugly just like the exterior.

4) Hauling is a pain. Put any kind of load behind it and try to tow it highway speeds, they hunt for gears constantly (and I live in west texas where it's flat).

5) Lighting.. the headlight system on them is virtually nonexistent. If you don't have your high beams on... you are blind.

6) Noisy... Road noise in a 2wd straight off the showroom floor was ridiculous. Thank god for automatic audio leveling.

7) They're ugly. (yes i said that twice)

Really the only thing they have going for them is the motor is pretty strong. But gas mileage is awful.

Just my two pennies!

6. PantheraUncia

PantheraUncia Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

There are allot of them around here, I think in this area Ford is first (all the big contractors use them), then GM (Silverado/Sierra) and the the Tundra and last Nissan.

I agree with all the previous post comments, but come on, GM has proven how dumb their designers are with the information center in these 2014's. Looks like somone had toy story stuck in their head when they designed it.

7. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Just got my new #'s As of Aug 2013 Titan 1261 sold in 1 month YTD 2013 11,281 Silverado aug 43,603 YTD 328,269

Avalanche Aug 1,525 YTD 33,045 Tundra Aug 11,365 YTD 72,750 Want more #'s?

8. stchman

stchman Active Member 1 Year 1000 Posts

I have never ridden in a Titan so I cannot speak of their ride quality, interior noise, etc.

As far as looks, I think the Titan looks better than a Tundra, but that's not saying much.

9. yotchie

yotchie Rockstar 100 Posts

personally im not a fan of the import trucks. the tundra looks like the front end is "stubby" and the titan looks like its just too outdated and boring. i have a friend with a tundra. i will say it has some get up and go and not a bad ride. but he has mentioned that its thirsty. and i hear that the import trucks do not have nearly the payload capacity of the big 3. i have heard that putting a quad in the back and they are bogged down springs cant handle it.

10. 08_rado_rocker

08_rado_rocker Member 2 Years 500 Posts

My uncle does roofing for a living and has been using the new style Tundra ever since they came out... It's fast for sure and rides decent. The interior is retarded IMO though. Console shift in a truck? WTF?! As far as hauling goes, his truck pulls its own weight with no issue whatsoever... and (i hate admitting this) before my tune, exhaust, and drop, his Tundra walked all over my Silverado by several lengths even pulling a trailer with shingles on it haha. That in mind, I find it hard to believe anyone has complained about the payload capacity for the Tundra, class considered.