1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Official Chevy Lift/Leveling Kit Page Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Pete95Sierra, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Fernie18

Fernie18 Member

I own a 2009 chevy silverado W/T. I looked into the Bilstein 1500 leveling shocks, and they seem like such a great product! However, I saw the max lift was 1.75. Would that be enough? I want my vehicle to look like this, image.php.jpg And, if some of you guys have this product, I would love to see a photo of your truck with it :D
  2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Fernie, the 5100's are awesome and worth every penny. I have them, but set on stock height. I am running the ReadyLift 2.25" kit with the larger ReadyLift rear block. I would post some pics up but I am on my IPhone and can't figure it out. If you like it I am taking it off the truck this week. You can PM me if you like the stance.
  3. Fernie18

Fernie18 Member

sounds awesome man! But I'm not to crazy about the readylift, I've heard some bad things front it D: Why are you taking them off?
  4. ajarman

Just bought a lift kit. What have you heard bad about their level kit? It is one of the best on the market....their 4" SST kit is not top notch, but level kit is killer IMO.
  5. Fernie18

Fernie18 Member

oh! and well someone said they limit up travel, and extend down travel. and some people say that it screws up things. that's just stories I heard. So I don't know first hand experience. Even though, I won't be doing any serious off roading and such. How did that ReadyLift work for you though? How long did you have it for?
  6. ajarman

The limit of travel will be with any level kit. Just nature of the beast. I have had the front kit for about a year and the rear blocks for about 6 months and not a single issue with either. I ended up getting the rears because with any weight in the bed it makes it appear to be sagging kind of bad.
  7. Fernie18

Fernie18 Member

sounds awesome man! And just outta curiosity how do you think the Bilsteins would look like when cranked up all the way? Its because I saw somewhere, for the Silverado application it allows only about 1.75 of front lift. The Ranchos give the full 2 inches.
  8. ajarman

The 5100's ride amazing. I have talked to another guy with a 1500 that had them on the highest setting and he said they rode a little rough so he backed it back down to the 3rd notch and added a 1" spacer. The Rancho level kit with the 9k XL's look really sweet. Never priced it, but would think they are close to the 5100's price.
  9. Blackout07

Blackout07 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

What kit are you going with?
  10. ajarman

Rancho 4". Going to run my 295 trail grappa for a while and I lined up some factory Z71 18's and get some bigger rubber. Kit goes on this week!!