1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Official Chevy Lift/Leveling Kit Page Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Pete95Sierra, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Fernie18

Fernie18 New Member

ohh :O and the ranchos are more expensive from what I heard. But they're worth it. I'm set on either Bilsteins or Ranchos. I still want to see a photo of a truck on the Bilsteins cranked up all the way, just to see the appearance. :)
  2. ajarman

ajarman New Member 1000 Posts

Search username BigBomber and I believe his were on the fourth notch.
  3. Fernie18

Fernie18 New Member

His truck looks nice !
  4. Sawfish

Sawfish New Member

1993 2500HD Suburban Torsion Keys

I have checked with most every lift company and I cannot find torsion keys for a 1993 2500HD Suburban. This truck has 8 lug wheels, four wheel drive and a 14 bolt free floating rear axle. Companies list a kit for the 1993 Suburban, but when I ask them if it will fit the 2500HD, the answer is "we do not make that one".

I seem to remember that 1993 was the first year for the IFS in a four wheel drive 2500 Suburban, and in 1994 Chevy changed the IFS by lengthening the front drive shafts. :grrrrrr::grrrrrr:Anyhow, has anyone found keys for this beast? Thanks.
  5. cdavison

cdavison New Member

Pro Comp 2.25" Strut Leveling Kit / Frontier Replacement Grille Guard

Just wanted to post a before/after of the Pro Comp 2.25" Strut Leveling Kit I just had done yesterday as I looked for pics before I had it done and never found any. Also had a Frontier front replacement grille guard put on. Tires are 275/60/R20 Cooper Zeon's which I love as I had a hard time finding AT type tires for the 20" rims without doing a full lift.
    Before-small.jpg After-small.jpg
  6. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I have a 04 Silverado Z71. I installed the Tuff Country Leveling Kit last week. It had bigger front torsion keys and a rear add a leaf. The add a leaf made a noticeable difference and i gained 2inches in the front. The truck still looks like a 30s hot rod though with the rear end up higher. Does anybody have any advice on how i could get the front end up more without over cranking the torsion bars?
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood New Member 1000 Posts

I did not think that the Tuff Country leveling kit came with a rear leaf. I know when I had my ready lift kit, it only came with front end components. If you want the leveled look, you might have to remove the rear add a leaf.
  8. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I dont wanna remove the add a leaf cuz i wanna keep the rear raised up as is plus it can handle more loads cmpared to stock now.
  9. Thumper

Thumper New Member

I have a completely stock 2010 Silverado 1500. I am thinking about putting in a 6" Skyjacker lift with the Nitro shocks and leaf springs. I eventually plan on putting on some 35's. What do you think guys, yea or nay on the Skyjacker lift?
    Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  10. AlRush

AlRush New Member

My 1997 Suburban 4X4 is going into the shop tomorrow to get a 3" rough country suspension lift put on, excited to finally get it done, it's been a long time coming.