The Official Chevy Lift/Leveling Kit Page Silverado

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by Pete95Sierra, Mar 25, 2010.

1. Fernie18

Fernie18 Member

ohh :O and the ranchos are more expensive from what I heard. But they're worth it. I'm set on either Bilsteins or Ranchos. I still want to see a photo of a truck on the Bilsteins cranked up all the way, just to see the appearance. :)

2. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Search username BigBomber and I believe his were on the fourth notch.

3. Fernie18

Fernie18 Member

His truck looks nice !

4. Sawfish

Sawfish Member

1993 2500HD Suburban Torsion Keys

I have checked with most every lift company and I cannot find torsion keys for a 1993 2500HD Suburban. This truck has 8 lug wheels, four wheel drive and a 14 bolt free floating rear axle. Companies list a kit for the 1993 Suburban, but when I ask them if it will fit the 2500HD, the answer is "we do not make that one".

I seem to remember that 1993 was the first year for the IFS in a four wheel drive 2500 Suburban, and in 1994 Chevy changed the IFS by lengthening the front drive shafts. :grrrrrr::grrrrrr:Anyhow, has anyone found keys for this beast? Thanks.

5. cdavison

cdavison New Member

Pro Comp 2.25" Strut Leveling Kit / Frontier Replacement Grille Guard

Just wanted to post a before/after of the Pro Comp 2.25" Strut Leveling Kit I just had done yesterday as I looked for pics before I had it done and never found any. Also had a Frontier front replacement grille guard put on. Tires are 275/60/R20 Cooper Zeon's which I love as I had a hard time finding AT type tires for the 20" rims without doing a full lift.
    Before-small.jpg After-small.jpg

6. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I have a 04 Silverado Z71. I installed the Tuff Country Leveling Kit last week. It had bigger front torsion keys and a rear add a leaf. The add a leaf made a noticeable difference and i gained 2inches in the front. The truck still looks like a 30s hot rod though with the rear end up higher. Does anybody have any advice on how i could get the front end up more without over cranking the torsion bars?

7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

I did not think that the Tuff Country leveling kit came with a rear leaf. I know when I had my ready lift kit, it only came with front end components. If you want the leveled look, you might have to remove the rear add a leaf.

8. LEVELEDZ71

LEVELEDZ71 New Member

I dont wanna remove the add a leaf cuz i wanna keep the rear raised up as is plus it can handle more loads cmpared to stock now.

9. Thumper

Thumper New Member

I have a completely stock 2010 Silverado 1500. I am thinking about putting in a 6" Skyjacker lift with the Nitro shocks and leaf springs. I eventually plan on putting on some 35's. What do you think guys, yea or nay on the Skyjacker lift?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  10. AlRush

AlRush New Member

My 1997 Suburban 4X4 is going into the shop tomorrow to get a 3" rough country suspension lift put on, excited to finally get it done, it's been a long time coming.