1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The on going question, why do some HDs sit higher then others

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by 03 SIERRA, Mar 24, 2014.

1. 03 SIERRA

03 SIERRA New Member

I know there has to be some hidden suspension package RPO code, like a heavy service package or something that makes the truck sit higher. The 99-07s are more noticeable that they all came on little 245s. Some look regular and others are like waayy up there, the front too. I know the HD frame is physically taller but still. I have an 03 1500 with 5'' of lift on 33s and there are some stock hds that the bed and mirrors nearly sits up with mine. the 07-13s are harder to tell because you can get like 4 different wheel combo sizes. But you can still see, every once and a while you will see a taller one. And does the z-71 package change anything? Like make sit 1'' taller compared to the zr-2 s10s that sit 2'' taller? F@*ds SD has the same thing, you can see an extra block in the leaf pack from the factory on some trucks. As far as the 14s and up, i haven't seen enough of them yet. It would just be nice to know. Its been bugging me for quite some time along with other people im sure.