1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The right lift kit.

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by thirtypackofbud, Mar 10, 2013.

1. thirtypackofbud

thirtypackofbud New Member

Hi all, this is my 1st time on this forum. Not sure im posting in the right category ether. I bought a 2011 1500 Z71 brand new, its all stock with 5.3 motor. I was thinking about having a BDS 6" lift kit installed with 35" tires. now here comes my prob. A guy I work with has a Ford with 8" BDS and rolling on 37" tires. I cant have that LOL. I found a company on line called bullet proof suspension and they offer a 12" lift kit that will fit 38" tires. Im sure ill have to have some drive line work done. has anyone used this kit and if so what issues did you have or any good thing you can tell me about them. I don't want a body lift to get the bigger tires under it. any advice would be great. The wheels im going with are American Force wheels that have been polished to mirror finish. does anyone have any feed back on that company? Thanks for any help.
  2. barefoot greg

barefoot greg New Member

Welcome to the club!

No experience with bullet proof suspension but I Know BDS makes some awesome stuff! They also have a "No Fine Print Warranty" In Other words, if you are the original purchaser of a BDS kit, and any component EVER breaks, they will FREE of charge replace the part. For life! If you plan on wheelin it pretty hard or even just as a daily driver, that alone is enough to get my vote. They aren't cheap, but like anything, you get what you pay for.

Hope this info was helpful,

-BFG-
  3. K15 Blazer Guy

K15 Blazer Guy New Member

Given what i have learned in the last several years, this is how i would do fit 35" tires. i would do a 3" simple stock suspention lift and a 2" body space kit.
    that way you keep all stock geometry and all you need to buy is tortion keys, an extra spring leaf, extended sway bar end links, and the rest you can spend on a really good set of shocks.
    youll be able to fit 35s have a dependable driver and enough left over for cool looking off-road bumpers ans stuff