1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The size of the Avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, May 31, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

I guess I never knew how big the Avalanche was until I almost got creamed by one today.

He was doing a u-turn in an Avalanche and guess didn't see me in the Cavalier. Pretty good turning radius too. Anyhow, I was turning too so we missed each other. I was looking up at quite an angle at that beast though.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Aren't those things huge. What a monster. From the rear view mirror of a Cavalier/Sunfire it must look like a steam roller coming at you. Check your mirror and start screaming like a little girl...AAAAHHHHHHH!

But really you should have traded paint with it, just to tell us how it felt...
  3. ChevyFan

Well, he turned in front of me, he was doing a U-turn while I was driving towards him. This intersection gets a lot of wrecks, probably a really bad one every 2 week or so.

Anyhow, it's fortunate that I was turning, so he was turning left to the west and I was turning left to the east and we missed each other by about 10 feet.
  4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Same size a s a burb, tahoe, or yukon.
  5. ChevyFan

Something about it makes it look bigger. Like if you see a skinny kid that's about 6'1" ... from a distance he looks like he's 6'5". Something about a truck being that size makes it look larger to me.
  6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

probably doesn't help that you're sitting eye level with the gold bowtie on the avalanche when you're in the Cavalier.
  7. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

They just seem to be bigger to me. I think maybe its the high box sides.