The size of the Avalanche

Discussion in 'Chevy Avalanche Forum (Escalade EXT)' started by ChevyFan, May 31, 2007.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I guess I never knew how big the Avalanche was until I almost got creamed by one today.

He was doing a u-turn in an Avalanche and guess didn't see me in the Cavalier. Pretty good turning radius too. Anyhow, I was turning too so we missed each other. I was looking up at quite an angle at that beast though.

2. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Aren't those things huge. What a monster. From the rear view mirror of a Cavalier/Sunfire it must look like a steam roller coming at you. Check your mirror and start screaming like a little girl...AAAAHHHHHHH!

But really you should have traded paint with it, just to tell us how it felt...

3. ChevyFan

Well, he turned in front of me, he was doing a U-turn while I was driving towards him. This intersection gets a lot of wrecks, probably a really bad one every 2 week or so.

Anyhow, it's fortunate that I was turning, so he was turning left to the west and I was turning left to the east and we missed each other by about 10 feet.

4. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Same size a s a burb, tahoe, or yukon.

5. ChevyFan

Something about it makes it look bigger. Like if you see a skinny kid that's about 6'1" ... from a distance he looks like he's 6'5". Something about a truck being that size makes it look larger to me.

6. TrailLeadr

TrailLeadr Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

probably doesn't help that you're sitting eye level with the gold bowtie on the avalanche when you're in the Cavalier.

7. Cableguy

Cableguy Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

They just seem to be bigger to me. I think maybe its the high box sides.