1. Chevy Truck Forum

Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online

Online since 2004, we're the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free

Registering is Free and Easy! Do it today and we'll see you on the forums soon!

The storm

Discussion in 'Photo & Video Gallery' started by LOVINTHESTORM, May 19, 2012.

1. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM Active Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

100_1425.jpg Hey folks, hope everyones having a good day. Just cleaned the truck up good today and thought I would give it it's own thread in the gallery. But first a little history of the truck. I've owned it about 10 months, and I love it. I have many plans for it but have to pace myself. Don't have pics of it the day I bought it readily available, but I might find one and post it later. Bought it with alot of bells and whistles on it already but I've added mods to it pretty regularly. First I put on a Flowmasters exhaust with 3" black chrome tips. Then I changed the front emblem to a AMI black powder coated emblem. I followed that up with AVS smoke headlight covers and black IPCW tail lights and third brake light. I then added a Volant cold air intake with ram air scoop which I will be customizing when I have the time. I've recently ordered LED replacement bulbs for the doom, map, license plate, fog lights, and low beams from IJDM at http://store.ijdmtoy.com, which I've yet to receive. Will post pics when they are installed. Enough typing here it goes. Let me know what you think or any tips are appreciated.:gasp:
    100_1427.jpg

100_1426.jpg 100_1421.jpg 100_1414.jpg 100_1413.jpg 100_1418.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 20, 2012
  2. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

looking good dude! defiantly a unique look! im curious to see were your truck will end up.

Alex

3. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 Rockstar 3 Years 1000 Posts

Lookin good!!

4. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Very nice... That gray cleans up good and the Lights look Killer...

5. donyms

donyms Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

How do you like your Volant CAI? :glasses:

6. LOVINTHESTORM

I really like the Volant intake. I got the ram air scoop but plan on customizing it because I didn't like the way it stuck down below the air dam. Haven't seen much mgp gain mostly cause U can't keep my foot off the gas pedal. I just love to hear and feel the power gains. It's no supercharger but I can definitely tell it gained some power and sounds killer.:great:

7. AMac

AMac Member 2 Years GMTC Chick 500 Posts ROTM Winner

I think the moldings look good and I'd debate bout removing them. I only removed mine because they weren't painted like the ones on my Sierra.

8. AnimalYates

AnimalYates Rockstar 3 Years 100 Posts

Looks awesome man! I have been thinking about getting the AVS headlight covers since I bought the truck and was wondering if you have to remove them to drive at night? or does your low beams shine through enough to where you and other driver's can see? Let me know if you would, I think the covers would match my smoked tail lights pretty well. Also, love your wheels. They look familiar lol

9. LOVINTHESTORM

Animal the headlight covers look cool but that's it. Not real crazy about them. You can't see crap through them and sometimes I do take them off when I'm not in the city. They are just temp. until I can the black projections I really want Recon's CCFL ($599). I wouldn't recommend anyone get the covers for no reason other than looks and be prepared to have to take the off frequently.:grrrrrr:

10. LOVINTHESTORM

So this weekend I demolded my truck and change the rear emblem to a black billet one. I also put LED's from IJDMtoys.com in the dome,map, license plate, and low beams. I like the new look, it just seems more clean and almost gives it a whole new look. Not liking the low beams and will have to change it up a bit. 100_1464.jpg

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 28, 2012