The tattoo thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by Burden33, Apr 23, 2012.

1. sgtsjj

sgtsjj New Member

all of those sound like excellent ideas man! i cant wait to see the pics if/when you get them done
  2. Coach24

Coach24 New Member

Art is a wonderful thing
  3. donyms

donyms New Member

Okay guys, first of all I have no tattoos and didn't think I would ever want one but some things have changed. I don't have to worry about what it will look like when I get old because I am already old. I had an age spot removed off my arm but the doctor didn't bother to tell me that it would look like a ringworm after it healed. :neutral: Anyway, I wanted to get a tattoo to cover this spot and this is what I have come up with that I like and will serve the purpose. What do you tattoo guys think? Is this a good stand alone tattoo?

tribal-arm-tattoo.jpg
  4. MoBillyAla

MoBillyAla New Member

The design is great, and those particular colors will match your truck! :rofl: Seriously though it is a good choice.
  5. Sierraowner5.3

Sierraowner5.3 New Member

that is a sweet looking tat dude! i dig it.

Alex
  6. gatormike69

gatormike69 New Member

Nice...:great:
    Bold step for your first tat.
    Looks good
  7. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Nice tat Don. I'm already thinking about what my next couple ones will be.
  8. Ape

Ape New Member

I got this way back when I turned 21. Night of drinking combined with wanting a tat of an Ape. They didn't have any pics of an Ape to use for me, so they combined a mean looking Ape like head with a bear body for me. One of these days I'll get a good Mountain Gorilla tat.

[​IMG]
  9. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Still planning on one for each shoulder blade but I know I want to get one somewhere (probably my left leg) for diabetes awareness. Mom was diagnosed with Type II 5 or 6 years ago and there's a pretty high likelihood that I will be diagnosed with it at some point in my life. Been looking at some designs to get some inspiration (I'll draw my own design in the end but it'll probably incorporate parts of several that I'm looking at.
  10. Walker

Walker New Member

Ain't much, but here ya go:
    IMG_1634.jpg

Celtic cross for the irish in my family, and "Help Ever, Hurt Never" is a saying my friends and I live by
    IMG_1636.jpg
  11. aloxdaddy99

aloxdaddy99 New Member

Don that is some sweet art work. A good start to a sleeve!
  12. Denise

Denise New Member

here's 2 of my 4, The dragons are for me and my 2 kids and wraps around my thigh, so it is the majority of it in the picture, the mother dragon is lifting her wing to show her 2 babies. The roses and poison bottle are on my lower hip and need to be coloured in yet.

dragons tat.jpg roses n posion bottle.jpg
  13. Denise

Denise New Member

Don thats going to be a NICE piece on your arm !

Thats a lot for a small cover up ! but its going to be nice !!
  14. Burden33

Burden33 New Member

all great looking art work so far guess keep it coming. So im looking at doing two more in the next couple of weeks one im hoping is something like this guy http://www.bullseyetattoos.com/ah0005-Holy_Warrior-p-9840.html maybe on my other shoulder blade not really sure and im getting the quote We walk where angels fear to go, and demons are afraid of. on my forearm with maybe a pair of handcuffs at the start of the sentence and at the end of it
  15. SupplySgt

SupplySgt New Member

Nice plan Burden. Once I earn my Cavalry spurs I'm thinking about getting something done with that. Not sure where I'll put it though as at least one of my shoulder blades is already planned and I had a plan for the other one. My right upper arm is already reserved for my Combat Patch when I earn it as well.
  16. donyms

donyms New Member

Well, I'm going to get my tattoo today at 1. I have an appointment and the artist is ready. He says it will take 5 - 6 hours so wish me luck guys.
  17. dadngt

dadngt New Member

I only have one right now Its my oldest sons hand print from when he was 2yrs old (now 8) It was black ink but faded & I like the rough vintage look. All we did was put his hand on a rubber stamp pad pressed it on paper & the tattoo artist did their transfer. Now I need to get one on the other shoulder for my youngest son I think I'll use his foot print though then maybe get their First or Middle names on the bottom of my forearms. But heres what I have.
    tattoo.JPG
  18. dadngt

dadngt New Member

Good luck! Awesome art work but goodness how big was that age spot???:gasp:
  19. LOVINTHESTORM

LOVINTHESTORM New Member

Looks cool, can't wait to see some pics.
  20. donyms

donyms New Member

Well, I am no longer an ink virgin, :sign0020: Got the tatt yesterday and it looks great. I am very happy with the guys work. It is scaled down just a hair from the picture here as I didn't want it past my elbow. I will post a picture after it heals. Thanks for all the input and support guys. :glasses: