the two buttons that move the seat?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by nabisco_12, Jul 16, 2012.

1. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

the two buttons that move the seat i pressed it and it moved it to a different spot? so is to remember 2 different seat configurations or what? Thanks!

2. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, for two different drivers. Position one is assigned to one of the key fobs, position 2 is assigned to a 2nd key fob.

3. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

Key fob?lol help me some more please!

4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

By key fob he is referring to the module you use to lock/unlock your truck. On your driver door next to the door handle you should see 3 buttons. The one on the top is labeled "1" and the one on the bottom is labeled "2", these buttons resemble the memory seats.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  5. RayVoy

OK, GM provides a feature called driver memory recall (or something like that), there are 2 memory positions (to accommodate 2 different drivers (let's say your 6'1" and your wife is 5'2")).
    You, as driver #1 (with key FOB #1), set the seat and the mirrors (some vehicles include the radio, the pedals and the steering wheel) to a position that is good for you, then you lock these positions into memory #1. Your "little" woman, with key FOB #2, does the same thing.

Now, when you push the unlock on key fob #1, the seats etc, go to the memory position for you; key fob #2 will do the same for your wife.

6. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

ok yea that would be sweet, so i set the mirrors and the seats and press the button? and i didnt know i could adjust the pedals??? Thanks man!

7. RayVoy

Only on some trucks, you need to have had the option installed.

8. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

OMG LOLdont make fun but i notice that there is a button that u hit and it moves the seat so the kids can get out lol, now how do i lock in the seat memory? then i guess i dont have the pedal think.... i dont c any buttons 4 the pedals??? o well im still loving it lol