1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

the two buttons that move the seat?

Discussion in 'GM Electrical Tech' started by nabisco_12, Jul 16, 2012.

1. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

the two buttons that move the seat i pressed it and it moved it to a different spot? so is to remember 2 different seat configurations or what? Thanks!
  2. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

Yeah, for two different drivers. Position one is assigned to one of the key fobs, position 2 is assigned to a 2nd key fob.
  3. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

Key fob?lol help me some more please!
  4. TexasTechRaider

TexasTechRaider Member 2 Years 500 Posts

By key fob he is referring to the module you use to lock/unlock your truck. On your driver door next to the door handle you should see 3 buttons. The one on the top is labeled "1" and the one on the bottom is labeled "2", these buttons resemble the memory seats.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2012
  5. RayVoy

OK, GM provides a feature called driver memory recall (or something like that), there are 2 memory positions (to accommodate 2 different drivers (let's say your 6'1" and your wife is 5'2")).
    You, as driver #1 (with key FOB #1), set the seat and the mirrors (some vehicles include the radio, the pedals and the steering wheel) to a position that is good for you, then you lock these positions into memory #1. Your "little" woman, with key FOB #2, does the same thing.

Now, when you push the unlock on key fob #1, the seats etc, go to the memory position for you; key fob #2 will do the same for your wife.
  6. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

ok yea that would be sweet, so i set the mirrors and the seats and press the button? and i didnt know i could adjust the pedals??? Thanks man!
  7. RayVoy

Only on some trucks, you need to have had the option installed.
  8. nabisco_12

nabisco_12 Member

OMG LOLdont make fun but i notice that there is a button that u hit and it moves the seat so the kids can get out lol, now how do i lock in the seat memory? then i guess i dont have the pedal think.... i dont c any buttons 4 the pedals??? o well im still loving it lol