1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Ultimate Thread

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Pikey

Pikey Active Member Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I know what you mean. I also have a bunch down. Just small stuff, that is what I have kids for. They can pick them up and put them in the fire pit. It is supposed to be nice this week! (in the 50's) I wish all the neighbor's trees would drop their leaves so I can get out there and clean the yard up. But, it never fails, They will come down after the first light snow and I will be out there after Thanksgiving putting up Christmas Lights, raking frozen leaves, and freezing my rear off.
  2. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Its all dead stuff. The trees are too high for me to climb and cut the stuff down so I just have to pray they don't fall while I live here lol. My landlord is too lazy to have them cut down. Luckily, the branches fell on my driveway and broke into smaller pieces and not on my girlfriends car. My dogs seem to the the branches though lol.
  3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

My house is only 10 years old and they bulldozed all of the old timber here when they built this subdivision. So none of the trees are older than about the year 2000. Which stinks if you ask me. However, we're just now getting one tree that's getting some real size and fullness to it. I'll post a pic in a minute.

20131104_101353.jpg 20131104_101426.jpg
    Last edited: Nov 4, 2013
  4. Pikey

I would have to say that the tree is pretty full! Last summer we had a few tree companies come out and give us quotes on trimming one of our big trees. They wanted around $550 for the one tree. We have 2 large trees on our property and one that is on the neighbor's that has huge branches that hang over my garage. I wanted the dead wood cut from all of them and a heavy prune. They wanted $1400 for all three. My neighbor down the street waited until the company left and came and talked to me. He knows a guy that works for the power company trimming trees. The guy came over and told me $500 for all three, But I would have to do the cleanup and dispose of the wood. No problem! I have a fire pit. The guy worked on them for about 8 hours. He cleaned them up pretty good. It took me a few hours to drag the stuff out of the yard back into the wooded area behind my house for storage. Then, I had one big fire and burned it all.
  5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 Member 2 Years 100 Posts

Bonfire at Pikeys next year :happy:. Im in the same boat. I have two huge one in the front, and two in the back. I love them during summer because our entire house is shaded and I dont have to mow my lawn much lol. But its leaves galore right now. Its not a big yard so Ive got it pretty easy. Shoot, im already done picking up the sticks.
  6. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I like a good fall bonfire. Something with some warm Apple cider or Baileys coffee.
  7. Pikey

Next year?? I will be burning until it snows and probably a little after. The colder it gets, the bigger the fire.
  8. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

My yard is finally drying out after 5 1/4 inches of rain over a 3-4 day period here in NW Indiana. Winds were 15-25 mp today so lots of leaves down. I'm going to mow tomorrow! The chopped up leaves should help my nasty clay soil.
  9. RayVoy

RayVoy Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

So, we're basically going to turn this into a post whore thread..................I like it.

I had a huge tree in the backyard. A white pine, a planted it, and a few others, years ago. loved the tree, but it got out of control; the roots were starting to lift the deck and they began to pop out of the back lawn, It had to go. We knocked it down last fall. Repaired the deck and pressure washed the sap drippings off the deck. Made an incredible difference.
  10. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Rebuilt the carb on my log splitter. Got it started but it wouldn't keep running. Restarted after a minute or so and died. Did this a couple of times. Took the carb off again and will play with adjusting the float and try again. I suspect the problem will also have something to do with the mixture setting and probably crud in the tank. Guess I'll order a new tank tomorrow and talk to the good folk about the problem. Oh well, it'll keep me busy; off the streets, out of the pool halls, honk tonks, and saloons.