1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Ultimate Thread

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Conlan Rose

Conlan Rose Active Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

They already forgot how to drive in New England... Thank God for Tahoe's 4x4 so it can get far away from the incompetence of others in the snow.
  2. Dana W

Dana W Member 2 Years 100 Posts

It's 72 deg here in chuluota FL at 11:00 AM. We don't have snow events here, but that doesn't make our drivers any smarter.

So, we can talk about anything? OK then.

Took my dog, Daisy the Pit Bull, to the vet this morning for her 6 mo. Heartworm test. No worries.

This "super super dangerous monster" dog made me run to the front door, waggy tail all the way. Inside she made kissy face with as many of the humans as would let her, two kittens, the vet's mommy cat, and a really old standard poodle. She allowed the vet tech's, whom she had never seen before, to take a blood sample with no muzzle, and no complaints, then she wanted to go with them back to the lab, tail still wagging. She waited in the exam room alone with me, whining and staring toward where the tech's went, wanting them to come back. When they did, Daisy greeted them like old friends.

I don't have any reason to ever expect anything different from her.

Yesterday, 10.5 million Pit Bulls did not bite anyone.

Annually, more people worldwide are killed by coconuts than by Pit Bulls.
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I have 2 pits. They are awesome dogs. We had one vet that muzzled our large pit (90 lbs) as soon as he walked in. He would shake as soon as we parked at the vet. Our new vet has a pit herself and loves them. The first time she saw them she walked in and sat on the floor and started playing with them. She was 8 months pregnant. After about 5 minutes she looked at me and said, "oh, I guess I should have asked how friendly they are". Now my dogs cry when we pull into the vet, because they are excited to see her. The only issue we have had was the big one had to have surgeries on both knees, $3000 each!! One of them had to be done twice because he slipped and broke the screw heads off a week after the surgery. So, we are $9000 in for knees. He is 9 years old now. He better live to be 20
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2013
  4. Dana W

Yeah, but every minute with a Pit Bull is worth 10 bucks in laughs. You're probably almost even by now.

Three years ago almost to the day, Daisy tried to break a moving Honda Accord with her body. It was going about 10 mph, and she was going her usual full afterburner. She hit the left front tire and got flipped over 360 deg in the air. When she hit the tire, she got a real bad abrasion on her left rear leg and foot. The vet had to treat it like a burn. Daisy had a bruised right shoulder and wet/dry bandages on the wound for about a week and a half, then two more weeks of dry bandages. That one cost us a little over $3000.00 and there was no surgery involved. Now, you'd never know anything had ever happened to her.

Even that incident had us laughing now and again. The vet had put one of those Elizabethan collars on Daisy so she wouldn't mess with the bandages. By day two Daisy was getting around pretty well on three legs, so she managed to discover that she could jamb the lower leading edge of that plastic collar into the carpet and just crush the thing so she could tear off the bandage. After she ripped the second collar to shreds, we gave up on them and just pulled one of my daughter's silk riding socks over her bandages. Daisy left her leg alone from then on, as long as she was wearing that sock.

Here is a shot of her wearing her "boo-boo sock", doing her best De Niro impression.

Attached Files:

5. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

6. Dana W

7. Goldie

Goldie Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Just wanted to stop by and say hi! Moved firewood today. It took longer thatn I planned because I had to stop and warm up a few times due to the 6 degree wind chill. Is it spring yet?!!?
  8. RayVoy

RayVoy Well-Known Member 2 Years 1000 Posts

I started the day (after a coffee a Tim Horton's) cleaning the driveway. We got our fist snow (that didn't turn to rain and melt) last night, about an inch.
  9. Dana W

I have to stop bragging about our central Florida weather. It's been sunny with a daily high around 83 F for a week now, and all my relatives in the Mid Atlantic states are getting nasty with me.:happy: If I don't stop it, I may have to start looking over my shoulder for Karma.:lol:
  10. Camaro69car

Camaro69car Member 1 Year 100 Posts

it finally stopped raining after 4 days of rain here in VA. only to wake up to a frozen windshield. Thank goodness I remembered to put some extra 93% isopropyl alcohol in with my washer fluid. Sprayed it, let it sit for about 30 secs, then wiped it all away.