1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

The Ultimate Thread

Discussion in 'Games Forum' started by ChevyFan, Oct 23, 2013.

1. Dana W

Dana W Member 100 Posts

Uh, yeah, and?:happy:

I still have to guess, but I suppose it is kinda like a Super Walmart, Tractor Supply, and Home Depot combined?
  2. BurbanMan

BurbanMan Member 100 Posts

lol yeah sort of
  3. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

yes. they have a small food section, pet section, and then it is like home depot and TS. They usually offer multiple models of things. for example my garbage disposal took a crap. Home depot wanted $110 for the some model I had. I went to menards and took the old disposal with me. They sold "evergrind" brand rather than "badger". I help my old disposal (badger) up to the evergrind model and it was the same. The motor and grinder had the exact same part numbers stamped on them and the exact same address of the company that made them "Badger corporation" in Racine Wisconsin. It cost me $49 after their 11% rebate that they were running that week. the only difference was that the cheaper one had a one year warranty instead of two. They did have the one with the 2 year warranty, it would have cost $85. They also tend to have a lot more things in stock than home depot. (windows and doors) they do have a nice indoor lumber yard also.
  4. Goldie

Goldie New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

Pikey - Good for you on the great buy!
    Tomorrow I'm going to the semi local mall to, hopefully, finish up Christmas shopping. With any luck I'll become inspired and find what I need. Not really into the spirit of it all this year.
  5. jsmith4816

jsmith4816 New Member 100 Posts

Went skiing yesterday at Caberfae (Cadillac area). Had a blast! Only fell once, lol. Tried out the new "Backcountry" skiing they opened this year. They just took down some trees and let ya ski it. Not groomed and no lifts to get ya to the top but it was pretty sweet. Nothing like making some fresh tracks in powder!
  6. Pikey

Before kids my wife and I used to go out there every weekend. Some of the best skiing you can get in the lower peninsula. It is cool that they opened some "back country" skiing. Now instead of driving 5 hours to get there I would rather drive 6-6.5 and go to Holiday mountain in New York.
  7. jsmith4816

It was a steal, got a ticket for 17 bucks compared to the 44 they want for all day. CAn even get them for 12, but you have to go midweek. I agree, its the best for lower peninsula skiing. If you want to go, let me know!
  8. Pikey

I like that idea. I will have to see what our plans are between Christmas and New year.

- - - Updated - - -

[h=2][/h]
    A friend of mine got a phone call from the city of Detroit to plow all the residential streets. (unheard of) So, I spend 12 hours driving around a F550 with a dump bed full of salt plowing streets. I have to say the driving down all those streets lets you see the crappy place Detroit is in now. Some streets would have one or two houses with people living in them, the other 100 empty, stripped, or burned. Closed or abandoned schools in every subdivision. I pushed more old tires and crap out of the middle of the road than I can count. Empty industrial buildings in every sub. I would say that in one particular square mile of streets I plowed that less than 20% of the houses had people living in them. I can see why they were talking about consolidating the people together and leveling the empty homes. It would be ridiculous to send a garbage truck or any other city services a few miles out of the way for 5 people. They need to just level the areas with under a certain percentage of homes occupied and start farming it. It was interesting though. In the area with 5 families living in it, 2 of the homes were completely remodeled on the outside, new BMW's and Land Rovers sitting in the driveway. Not where I would choose to live if I had the money ​
  9. jsmith4816

I know exactly what your talking about. I work south of City airport on Harper ave and I see it everyday on my drive in. You will have 7 houses on a block, with 3 of them half burned to the ground, 2 livable, and the other 2 boarded up. Its very depressing. Not only that, I see dogs running around in packs, like wolves. I do however, work in a better area. The owner of the company has been buying the houses when they get foreclosed and tearing them down. I think hes bought 3 blocks surrounding the property (only one more to go) lol.
  10. Pikey

The owner of American Axle was/is doing the same thing in Hamtramck. If a house was burned, demolished or unlivable, he would by the land, bulldoze the house and put a fence around the property. He owns a large part of the city now.