1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

the "your best fireworks" thread

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 89suburban350, Jul 5, 2007.

Random Gallery Photos

1. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member 100 Posts

happy 5th of july some of us have to work, some of us are waking up on the lawn with a major hang over but hey thats life... so anyway what was you best fireworks you bought?

i bought these things called excaliburs and they are steel canister mortars.. and they were great not bad for 40.00 you got 48 mortars...
  2. GM_Guy

GM_Guy New Member 100 Posts

I would say roman candles, I used to buy those, and black cat firecrackers
    but that was over 30 years ago,as they've been banned here since about 1977
  3. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

well my dad bought a gross of M80's a number of years ago. they are about an inch in diameter and about 4.5 inches tall. I know I lose a chunk of my hearing every year when we set those off.
  4. Cableguy

Cableguy New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

See my Avatar...Ya thats why I wear a helmet.
  5. 89suburban350

89suburban350 New Member 100 Posts

hahaha cableguy,
    we also made a dry ice bomb.. for those of you who dont know.. we took dry ice, diet pepsi, mentos and a 2 liter pepsi bottle and let it go... those things are really loud... i was puttin the neighbors to shame
  6. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member 1000 Posts 100 Posts

I have done something similar to the dry ice bomb. The guys in the armed forces may have heard of these. In the M.R.E's or meals ready to eat supplied to people in the armed forces there is a small heater used to boil water for the various foods in the package. You break this heater small enough to fit in a bottle with some water in it then duct tape the lid on. It also makes a loud noise but the nice thing is you can also insert foods from the meal into the waterbottle. One went off by a friend of mine and covered him in meatloaf and onion gravy.:great:
  7. CoDaChrome

CoDaChrome New Member 100 Posts

this year I sent 350bucks on fireworks and it took 2 shots before the field that I was lighting thim by cought fire and took 3guys with hoses and 45 minutes to get it out a spot 100 yards by 75 yards burned after that we called it a night on them
  8. ChevyFan

ChevyFan Administrator Staff Member 1000 Posts

Nothing like finding a way to blow up meatload. LOL
  9. ChevyFan

Wow, well they're only fun if they're safe. Well, they're fun if no one gets hurt, let me put it that way. We've been so wet here there weren't any fires.
  10. ChevyFan

We used to be m80s and launch they with a slingshot. One guy would load the slingshot, someone else would light it and we could shoot them into the air and that's pretty cool actually.