1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

Theft Deterrent System

Discussion in 'General Chevy & GM Tech Questions' started by Tutut, Nov 9, 2008.

1. Tutut

Tutut New Member

Is the "Theft Deterrent System" supposed to be an alarm? I'm a little confused about what it really means. When I bought my truck, the sticker said it has a Theft Deterrent System. The description of my exact truck on the internet also had these statements listed, concerning theft deterrent:

-Steering wheel, includes theft-deterrent locking feature
    -Remote Keyless Entry, with 2 transmitters, panic button and content theft alarm
    -Audio system, AM/FM stereo with MP3 compatible CD player, seek-and-scan, digitalclock,
    auto-tone control, Radio Data System (RDS), speed-compensated volume and
    TheftLock

I tried to test out the alarm, as it says in the manual... open the window, use the Remote Keyless Entry to lock the doors and activate the alarm, and then reach in and unlock the doors manually and open the door. But nothing happens. I assumed "Theft Deterrent System" was an alarm, am I missing something?
  2. 04sierracrewcab

04sierracrewcab Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

you must open the doors
    the head lights will flash and the horn will "panic" or contuniously honk for however many mins. and the windows dont have to be down, i have locked the doors w the windows up and left the little brother inside. you can click the "lock" or "unlock" buttons on the key fob to "disarm" it
    its not much of an alarm system but maybe the blinking red light on the dash will "deter" the crimininally minded
    but they way i look @ it is if somone wants something of yours bad enough they will take it :neutral:
  3. Tutut

Tutut New Member

I don't have a blinking red light. ::shrugs:: Maybe I only have the theft deterrent on the ignition?