1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

These Shocks Suck

Discussion in 'Lifted & Offroad Suspension' started by MANBEARPIG, Sep 22, 2010.

1. MANBEARPIG

MANBEARPIG New Member

I recently obtained a 94 k1500, its a great truck and ive been fixing it up. It needed shocks because the old ones were leaking and i was having huge bounce problems. While it rides better it still needs way more dampening, the new shocks still allow too much of a boat feel for my taste. Anyone recommend some better shocks? Currently they are Delcos
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Some of the Shocks to look at are.....Bilstein.....Edelbrock IAS.....Monroe....Rancho....to name a few....I have the Edelbrock IAS shocks...I could not be any more pleased with the Ride I get from them.
  3. dsfloyd

dsfloyd Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner Gold Member 1000 Posts

2 on the brands 99 said. bilsteins are a popular one and stiffer.
  4. MANBEARPIG

MANBEARPIG New Member

Thanks I was looking at the bilsteins online. I will try those
  5. hundojoe

hundojoe Rockstar 100 Posts

Rancho is what I run, The RS9000's are adjustable dampening.
  6. ridick_bowen

ridick_bowen Rockstar 100 Posts

I got some BS shocks on my truck right now. I actually think they're blowen. Anyone know who makes the stiffest shocks? Bilstein or KYB or Pro Comp or Rancho?
  7. mfleetwood

mfleetwood Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

x2 on the Rancho RS9000 XL. I just installed them a few weeks ago and already took them off-roading several times. I am very happy with them...
  8. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

My cousin runs Monroe SensTracs in his Cherokee which I have driven and they ride nice. Gonna pick me up a set soon as well.
  9. FergusonT

FergusonT Rockstar 4 Years 100 Posts

I have Bilsteins on the front of my 'burb, and on the rear of my s-10....They transformed my suburban, it was a drastic difference. Of course the ones that came off were completely toast. They are really stiff in the rear of my s10 though.
  10. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

What about Gabriels? I'm pretty sure that's what my suburban has on it now, and what I can get locally for lift shocks.