These tires any good?

Discussion in 'Wheels & Tires' started by sdpbob, Jun 12, 2008.

1. sdpbob

sdpbob New Member

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  2. MWright936

MWright936 New Member

We have a set of those on our work truck. It's a '07 Ford F-150 4x4. Those tires do a great job off road, but they're awfully noisy on the highway. If you get those, make sure you rotate regularly or tire wear will be a problem!
  3. sdpbob

sdpbob New Member

Do you have a suggestion for a different one, due to the fact that Im driving on the highway about 85% of the time?
    What about the Toyo Open Country A/T?
    Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  4. MWright936

MWright936 New Member

I haven't really had any experience with other off-road tires, but I've always heard good things about Cooper tires. I have a set of Discoverer ATRs, but those are basically street tires. You can look on their website to see what fits your needs www.coopertires.com. I've heard quite a few people getting the STTs...and I have to admit, they look sweet!
  5. 383man

383man New Member

i have Nitto Terra Grapplers on mine and they are great, low road noise, no wear as of yet, and they do good in the mud still, and are cheap for the tire you get
  6. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

since your on the highway most of the time i would say go with an AT. the Nitto terra grappler is a great tire and the toyo isnt too bad either but would take the nitto over them. BFG AT is always a good choice as they are not to expensive and are great in everything also. the BFG is prob the most aggresive looking AT out there. the Bridgestone Dueler AT Revo is also a decent AT also.

Out of all of these I would suggest the Nitto. they will not be loud on the road but give you great traction in anything you will throw at them. the BFG would be my next choice
  7. sierraman

sierraman New Member

if you really want a m/t i would go with a cooper discoverer stt, i got 33's stt's on my truck and i do mostly highway driving and they are great, smooth ride and not very loud at all
  8. FireRed

FireRed New Member

Smooth lugs like the Firestones are terrible in the rain, look for a tire with sipes in the lugs.

Phil
  9. vncj96

vncj96 New Member

I have Trail marks on my burban, they are almost exact same tread pattern as BFG AT and they are made by goodyear off the same line as the wranglers and they were 127 a piece for 265/75/16 have put almost 40k on them and still a good 10k left to go
  10. sdpbob

sdpbob New Member

Ive been hearing nothing but good things about the cooper discoverer stt's I think Ill have to look into getting those for my truck. Thanks for all the input.
  11. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

STT's are expensive but awesome. I run general grabber at2's. People give them a bad rap but there great in the snow, mud and rain as well as regular on road driving.
  12. sdpbob

sdpbob New Member

Are they quite on the road?
  13. 95CTburb19

95CTburb19 New Member

yep nice and quiet and they have the siping like some of the other guys were talking about so they're not smooth lugs. I'm not sure about weight rating if that is a concern to you.
  14. Pete95Sierra

Pete95Sierra New Member

yea STT are surpirisingly quiet. i rode in a cherokee with 35's with them on the road and you could barely hear them