1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

They Broke in to my Truck......

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by schmule, Sep 8, 2012.

1. Pikey

Pikey Moderator Staff Member 2 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

2. reggiecab2000

reggiecab2000 Rockstar 4 Years 500 Posts

3. I have a kleinn train horn installed in my truck and when my alarm goes off it wakes houses up for blocks and I have plasmaglow led strobe kit so it really brings attention to truck when alarm goes off lol .. Train horn was great investment
  4. schmule

schmule New Member

Haha Just added train horn to the list of improvements.

I got the Jimmy Jammers at a local truck store, also the jimmy jammers web site sells a plug to cover up the key hole which is similar to the kit you can install to remove the lock all together. If it looks more difficult to break in then that is fine with me. Looking at the Viper 2 way although Auto Tech or something of the sort was said by the salesmen to be just as good. I am to the point I would rather them bust out the window than the lock and door though. Looking like $1,000 or so to repair, although my insurance will cover after the $500 Deductible.

To add insult to injury though the next morning I woke up to find tread separation to the front tire..... Soooo guess who spent $700 on new tires this morning....I need a second job just for my truck repairs and upgrades.
  5. Kady

Kady Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

It was more of a joke than an actual suggestion.
  6. ChromeSilver02

ChromeSilver02 Rockstar 3 Years 500 Posts

It seems Murphy's law strikes again :grrrrrr:
  7. 1993gmc

1993gmc New Member

Look on ebay they have had glass breaking sensors they even have one if someone gets to close to your ride the alarm will go off.

I was thinking of placing a strobe light when my doors were opened along with my alarm and running a switch to over ride the light when I wanted to that would get them to run and leaving a radar detector is asking for trouble and in the direct sun it will go bad mount it up high by your windshield tint and remove when getting off truck.