1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

They say everything happens in THREE's.... :(

Discussion in 'Chevy Silverado Forum (GMC Sierra)' started by Darknesss23, Oct 31, 2009.

1. Darknesss23

Darknesss23 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Well... had my 2nd incident with my truck in a matter of like 4 months... This time... as I was trying to avoid hitting a deer... I hit a rock on the side of the road and completely ruined a rim and TIRE with less then 1000 miles on it... AWESOME..... NOT!... its gonna cost me a little over $1000 to fix just the rim, the tire, and have an alignment done... FML...
  2. bigburb

bigburb Rockstar ROTM Winner 100 Posts

Damn man I'm sorry to hear that... I guess it could have been a lot worse, rocks can cause a lot of damage to a vehicle (my friends dad completely destroyed the undercrarriage of their boneville hitting a rock about the size of a basketball in the mountains).

Hopefully your bad luck will end soon!!
  3. adidasboy918

adidasboy918 Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts

Sorry to hear that. what was the first thing that happened to you? Those deers can really tear up trucks. I remember my aunt and uncle in MO hitting a deer on their way home from IA. They have an escalade and the deer went under it and tore the whole undercarriage up and frontend.
  4. unplugged

unplugged Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Depending on your deductible, you may want to check with your insurance agent.
    Damage to wheels and tires like you described comes under "collision with the roadbed" and is typically covered. Of course you may prefer not to file a claim to prevent an increase in your premium.
  5. Darknesss23

my last incident was only back in june/july so i didnt go through insurance...there is a 2"x2" hole in the sidewall of the tire where the jagged rock protruded through...and a matching chunk out of the wheel itself...
  6. Darknesss23

rear ended in a parking lot back in june/july
  7. Shorty 71

Shorty 71 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Damn that sucks, sorry to hear about that:grrrrrr:
  8. TRPLXL2

TRPLXL2 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

I had always hoped that bad luck happens in threes, but in my case it is continuous crap! I didn't think those factory wheels cost that much, but then again it's a larger rim so it wouldn't surprise me. I know a good four wheel alignment for these trucks is a good $100 or more, good luck getting it to hold an alignment now. They make these trucks so flimsy any more, it wouldn't surprise me if you bent something else up under there.
  9. Darknesss23

that wasn't a very good job of cheering me up... lol rim cost about $730 with tax and core charge...

my friend took a look said that nothing seems to be bent... so we'll see
  10. tlperry68

tlperry68 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

Bum deal. Invest in a westin push bumper for 500 bucks, hit the deer, cut out the back straps, throw them on the grill with some soy sauce and worchestershire sauce, garlic salt and fresh ground black pepper.
    PS: Aim for the head so you dont bruise the meat.