Thieves Steal 140 Wheels Off 35 Cars at GMC Dealer in Texas

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by ChevyFan, Jul 25, 2011.

1. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/126085683.html

This is just an incredible story, I've never heard of anything like this before. Someone (or some group) went and stole 140 tires off 35 vehicles at a GMC dealer in Rockwall, Texas late Saturday night.

wheel-theft-3.jpg

Just to think if these guys could work that hard at stealing, how successful could they be if they worked an honest job instead?

2. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

Ok, thats just crazy. It must of taken hours to do that with a just a couple people. Surely somebody saw something going on.

3. ChevyFan

ChevyFan The Sheriff Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

On the news today they said that they think the lights were tampered with at the dealer, normally the whole lot is lit-up, but the lights may have been down.

4. Airborne Medic

Airborne Medic Rockstar 100 Posts

Surprising cause I was under the impression a lot of dealerships have cameras in the lots too

5. 98Hotrod98

98Hotrod98 Rockstar 100 Posts

That reeks of an inside job if you ask me.

6. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

I worked at a Chevy/Caddi dealership for 5 years and we did not have camera's. Looks like it would have been worth in investment in this case.

7. adampaul1964

adampaul1964 Epic Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

G.M. rims are a popular item in the custom/modification market these days, a set of 20" rims and tires go for as low as $1000 and as high as $2500 on E-bay. A little surprised at the size of the op. though. They would've needed a box truck to load up that many rims and tires, and quite a few guys to get it all done. Like Steve said, if they'd work that hard at a real job the world would be a better place.

8. Chevy Girl

Chevy Girl Rockstar GMTC Chick 100 Posts

wow, that's just crazy! who would have the nerve to do that, it must have been an inside job!

9. hammsfamms

hammsfamms Rockstar

I've always been intrigued by this kind of robbery. Kind of Ocean's Eleven style if you ask me. I guess it would be different if it was my dealership that was robbed, but I think that's pretty bad ass! at least they left them on blocks so as not to damage the vehicle bodies

10. Enkeiavalanche

Enkeiavalanche Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 5000 Posts

Wanna buy some rims??? J/k :lol:Anyway just keep an eye on Craigslist or Ebay.. You will find them....