Newest Gallery Photos

1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This 2004 GMC Sierra Bed (does it come in LWB?)

Discussion in 'Chevy Truck Talk & GM News' started by Bowtied, Nov 28, 2011.

1. Bowtied

Bowtied Rockstar 100 Posts

Hi guys, Im replacing the bed on my 2004 silverado and stumbled upon a sierra with a bed that i absolutely adore. I couldnt tell you what year model it was from but i do know for a fact that it was a 1500 & from the 99-06 body style, although the picture that I have for an example is a heavy duty, diesel 2500 looking type.

It is a non-step side, I wouldnt exactly call it fleetside, but it has some curvature on the fenders that looks great.

I want to replace my wrecked bed with one like this and I am wondering if it comes in LWB because i have a extended box.

Full size img located here: http://images.thecarconnection.com/med/2004-gmc-sierra-denali_100030095_m.jpg

2004-gmc-sierra-denali_100030095_m.jpg
  2. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

The picture you've Posted is that of a G.MC. with Quadrasteer....that comes with (4 Wheel Steering System)......below is a link with the Information Regarding the Quadrasteer,

Edit:......I should add because of the Quadrasteer.....the beds come with that kick-out on the rear Fender's.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quadrasteer

Last edited: Nov 28, 2011
  3. Bowtied

Thank you and mechanical modifications aside, will this bed bolt on to a non quadra pickup? also did it come in lwb size?
  4. pmf608

pmf608 Epic Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts

The bed itself would bolt in place of a normal bed, but I wouldn't think it would look very good. The quadrasteer axle is wider than the standard one, which is the reason for the flare, so with a narrower axle, your tires would sit too far under. Also, it is not available in long (8') box lenght since the quadrasteer was only offered on the short box.

Even to graft the bedsides onto a long box would be extremely difficult because the quadrasteer box is composite, so it would involve taking that as well as a fleetside short box made from the composite (very hard to find) and splicing them together.
  5. 99'HEARTBEAT

99'HEARTBEAT Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

x2....On what pmf608 has mentioned above.
  6. Bowtied

on that note, whether its from a junkyard or a part-out; what should be the price range for this used bed im buying to replace my trashed one? is $250 the max? min?