1. Welcome To GMTruckClub.com!

The #1 Chevy Truck Forum Online
    Online since 2004, we are the #1 Chevy Truck & SUV forum and user community. If you have any questions about your Chevy or GMC Truck, SUV or Crossover, or just want to connect with other GM owners and enthusiasts around the world, you've found the best place on the internet to do that.

Join Today ~ It's Free
    Registering is Free and Easy! Hope to see you on the forums soon!

This is how to chop wood properly...

Discussion in 'The Coffee Shop ~ Chit Chat' started by 383man, May 12, 2011.

1. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

2. Als09Sierra

Als09Sierra Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

Damn, he makes it look easy. Wonder what kind of axe he's using.
  3. ajarman

ajarman Rockstar 4 Years ROTM Winner 1000 Posts

WoW!!! How long has he been doing that to be that good at it???
  4. Vincennes02261897

Vincennes02261897 Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Very impressive! If only it were that simple for all of us. lol
  5. TELORVEHC

TELORVEHC Rockstar 4 Years 1000 Posts

Impressive. That chain thing he puts around the logs is a great idea, holding all the chopped pieces together. Usually I just let 'em fall to the ground and pick them up when I'm done lol.
  6. Crawdaddy

Crawdaddy Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 1000 Posts Platinum Contributor

That definitely took some ingenuity and a lot of practice. He's using a Fiskars brand axe.
  7. 383man

383man Epic Member 5+ Years 500 Posts ROTM Winner

definately, I saw another video of a guy using a tire nailed to the top of his chopping round, put the rounds inside his tire, and the tire kept the wood from slinging out too, either way, slick method
  8. tbplus10

tbplus10 Epic Member Staff Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts Platinum Contributor

Something else to keep in mind is by the looks of the snow on the ground it's pretty cold where he's at, frozen wood splits easier.
    None the less good time saving trick.
  9. thrasher

thrasher Rockstar 100 Posts

Good job, but when you cut firewood that thin it burns too fast.
  10. murdog94

murdog94 Epic Member 5+ Years 5000 Posts

I grew up spliting 10-15 logging cords of Maple/black ash and burch. BLack ash splits very easly. and that looked like a straight piece of birch that is frozen.. Super easy, not putting him down, and that small of wood when it is birch creates alot of heat and birch burns fast any way... I stil never got to play with anything like the chain and bungy cord like he does! I had to use a 10lb splitting maul. ahhh the memories and the knowledge that i dont need to do that anymore HAH!